lower class and 287 crew...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bad Habit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Modded 4.7l
yall know me i joined the btc and started another 287 crew for the 4.7l guys and gals...i know we have a lowered section which ill love and will prolly make mine...lol...but the lower class has come here too...wapah.....

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
we will get numbers going trup. in time it will be as big as always.

Trupiano

Reaction score
Hometown : Puyallup,WA Stationed : Little Rock,
Ram Year
2010 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD Crew Cab
Engine
6.7L CTD
Sound good man! In the mean time, Im countin down the days till I can drop this beast! I love the summer more than anything, but September can hurry up and get here already! Once she's in the weed's I might actually feel like I belong in the LCC... squeeky drop shackles just dont feel like enough these days lol

OP
OP
B

Bad Habit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Modded 4.7l
i hear that...i want a 2/4 so bad i can taste it....but my drop money went to gears...but im not complaining to much....

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
as long as youre leveled the right way.

Trupiano

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Speaking of... How are those gears treatin you? Done any timed runs yet? I 'd like to see what gains they've given your truck! And if you don't mind, watch your gas mileage for me, cause I'd like to look into gears in the not-so-distant future... just dont want my mileage to suffer.

4.7Ram5.7Rango

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Flex
Jay has the 4-7 trup, so his results will probably vary from yours. But, the "usual" consensus is that you'll see a mpg or 2 gain around town, with a mpg or 2 loss on the highway. Thats IIRC from what Ive read before. WELL worth it, especially if you do mostly 'round town cruising...

Trupiano

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Guess that wouldn't be too bad. From what Ive heard/read going to a lower gear ratio (4.10s or 4.56s) will actually improve your gas mileage, give you more off the line torque, allow you to tow MUCH easier, allow you to tow MORE than you can with 3.55s, they will take alot of the load off your tranny, stop your tranny from constantly searching for gears, keep your RPMs running in the sweet spot for your engine, and make your truck much more fun to drive... which is definately what Im looking for!!! Jay you went with the 4.56's right?

4.7Ram5.7Rango

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Flex
Thats about right..... I think you start seeing a loss on the highway above 70mph speeds.........

I'm not his spokesman or anything, but yeah, he did go with 4.56's haha........ (I do believe)

Trupiano

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Thats about right..... I think you start seeing a loss on the highway above 70mph speeds.........

I'm not his spokesman or anything, but yeah, he did go with 4.56's haha........ (I do believe)

Thanks man! I wonder what would be better for my truck... 4.10's or 4.56's? I do about 50/50 city/highway driving. But man I'd love the added acceleration from those 4.56's, but I also love my gas mileage! 17.5 highway, average 14.7 city. Hmmm... Have to read some more reviews about this I guess.

Last edited:

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
Guess that wouldn't be too bad. From what Ive heard/read going to a lower gear ratio (4.10s or 4.56s) will actually improve your gas mileage, give you more off the line torque, allow you to tow MUCH easier, allow you to tow MORE than you can with 3.55s, they will take alot of the load off your tranny, stop your tranny from constantly searching for gears, keep your RPMs running in the sweet spot for your engine, and make your truck much more fun to drive... which is definately what Im looking for!!! Jay you went with the 4.56's right?

You hit the nail on the head right there.... My mpg's went up with the addition of the 4.56's by abvout 2mpg all around. Still hitting around 16-17mpg consitantly. Well worth it

Trupiano

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Sweet! Thanks a ton for the imput Ryan! This is definately on the to-do list... after the drop, swaybar, caltracs, air bags, and wideband/guages, and the truetrac install of course. (sigh) Long way off I guess. Man I wish I could win the lottery lol, just like a couple grand! Even just a scratch off! I'm not picky! Lol

SilentRamAD

Reaction score
Ram Year
08 QCSB 2wd
Engine
287 4.7L
The ~2 mpg is spot on, I saw an increase overall as I do 40/60 city/highway and I cruise at 65-70mph at 2100-2250 rpm with the stock 265/70r17 tires.

Hope this helps.

OP
OP
B

Bad Habit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Modded 4.7l
love em no timed runs as of yet still breaking them in and i still need my 500 mile check up drain and refill witl synthetic lubes....after that between trans tuning and 4.56 i should do pretty good i gotta short list im trying to pop off....bumpers and efan im sure efan might be first but we'll see....so i should def be looking at some better mpg's along with alot of added power....btw the 4.56 are the ****.....