Lowered 3rd Gen Pics - Show Em Off!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AJMAG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
just ordered 2 inch rear drop shackles for my 4x4! ill get pics when they get installed

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
Strongly considering doing mine here after the new year. thn again I have said that like 10x since I bought it in 05' so who knows. I do like the look of a good dropped ram, one thats not to low but just low enough

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
^^ i think your truck would be sickkkkk with a kit like mine, that's exactly why I got the 2/4.5 drop and nothin lower, gives it the sport truck look

trev

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can't wait to get mine lowered, stupid 36k mile warranty :(

Big Boi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Can't wait to get mine lowered, stupid 36k mile warranty :(

Only the suspension will be voided, once you drop it. Everything else will still be under warranty.

txbass06

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Only the suspension will be voided, once you drop it. Everything else will still be under warranty.

This is true. If something goes wrong with it and you take it to the dealer and they find the cause to be an aftermarket part, they your warranty will be voided for that item only.
If you put a leveling kit on it and your ball joints or end links fail, they probably wouldn't replace it because of the level. But if your paint starts flaking off or something like that, it would still be covered

trev

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yea but they're being douches about it, so I'm just putting the leveling kit on it for now, it won't take to long to hit 36k

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
I went ahead and did the leveling kit...I cant wait for warranty to stop, thats another 99,527 miles :D

Big Boi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Yea but they're being douches about it, so I'm just putting the leveling kit on it for now, it won't take to long to hit 36k

The dealer will never volunteer to do free work. You have to stand your ground no matter what. I had problems with my '02 in the beginning, and they gave me hell. The truck only had 200 miles and was bone stock at the time.

Dealership = Stealership!

****, I go the dealer to replace the entire dash in my '02 a couple years back. It only cost me $185, and the truck was FAR from stock, and WAAAAAAY outta warranty.

Big Boi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
This is the post I made on another forum, back when I had the truck at the dealer. This was in '08

Big Boi said:
Just got a call from the dealer. The Service Writer wants to charge me an extra $200 for labor! He's telling me that the tech will need an extra two hours to disconnect my alarm wiring, and other wiring (Hellas, fogs, power locks). I go down, I look at the old dash in 1000 pcs, and I see the alarm hanging from underneath the knee bolster. The Service Writer tries to give me some BS about how he can work around it, blah, blah, blah.

He then calls the tech over. He has a totally different story. He just wants to let me know that he's going to do his best not to disconnect any wiring, and that if he does (accidentally) he's bot responsible.

I looked everything over, the wire wont be in the way. And I told him Im not paying for the extra labor. If they give me anymore BS, I will call Chrysler direct.

Big Boi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
There has been cases of being driveshaft or ujoint replacements being denied blaming incorrect pinion angle after adjusting factory heights.

Sent from my SCH-I405
True.... But If you doing the work, or having the work done (i.e. drop kit) you are responsible for your truck and the work performed.

I learned the hard way years ago, and will never let another mechanic touch my rides. Ive checked and double checked my pinion angle since my drops ('02 & '09 Rams) and if the dealer pulled that **** on me. They would have to pull a rabbit out of a hat to get me to agree to that ****. I know my **** is in spec.

Not directed to you SLT8 :birgits_tiredcoffee

Big Boi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I guess Im just pissed at the way that some people let dealers run them away. It hurts all of us. The dealers get a big head and think they can screw all of us. When I sat in the finance office and bought my current truck. The dealer pulled the truck up to the window of the office. You could just reach out and touch the truck if the window wasnt there. They told me that the truck was too much for me because I wouldnt pay $450 a month.... Shiiiiiiit.

I bought the truck, and I aint paying nothing close to that, and I didnt put down anything more than I was before he pulled that stunt.

I didnt let the dealer walk over me, and I got what I wanted.

scott2488

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Man looking at all the lowered trucks in this thread have me drooling!! Making me think bout doing mine. Just not sure how a long bed will look

Big Boi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Man looking at all the lowered trucks in this thread have me drooling!! Making me think bout doing mine. Just not sure how a long bed will look

Do it!
user3104_pic3569_1324933262.jpg
3569-409355-10150486571589138-800949137-8333504-662783376-n.jpg

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Who's next on the list to lower theirs? haha