Lowered 4wd alignment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
Greg, let me know if you see another set of those pop up.

George,
Will do.
I went and checked the last pair I saw and Rob had posted there so he is aware of that set. They may still be available, I saw folks making noise but nothing confirmed. IMO, Should be able to find around the $300 mark.

Trupiano

Reaction score
Hometown : Puyallup,WA Stationed : Little Rock,
Ram Year
2010 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD Crew Cab
Engine
6.7L CTD
Nah 2wd spindles and 4wd spindles are different, in that the 4wd ones are notched with a gap near the bottom to allow clearance for the beefy lower control arm. Really the only difference though... Nothing a drill press and some grinding time can't fix! :********:

The 2wd drop spindles wont fit without notching them. The lower control arm hits the inside of the spindle, stopping it from lining up with the ball joints. Really sucks if your not expecting it lol.

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
Trup,
Just to be clear on this, are you saying 2wd will fit but takes some grinding? And didn't you have to grind your spindles to make them fit? Are yours 2wd?
Thanks,

Trupiano

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
[yt]2tztrL9huVI[/yt]

Stupid picture wont rotate in imageshack, but if you turn your monitor sideways, you can see where the notch is. Explanation in the video.

Last edited:
OP
OP
RubberFrog

RubberFrog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That was a helpful vid. Maybe we can see a lil bit more of baby next time. haha

GoMangoMan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Great video! Thanks for crawling under your truck in the leaves to show the grinding ... we appreciate it!

I saw a pair of drop spindles on DT but they are sold as of 2-3 days ago. If anyone happens to find another set for 2-wheel or 4-wheel please let me know as I want to make this front end right.

Trupiano

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Lol no problem man, I'll keep lookin for a set

Oh, and if you ever end up getting rid of your lowering keys, please let a gangster know! Cause I'll scoop them up in a second!!!

OP
OP
RubberFrog

RubberFrog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Great video! Thanks for crawling under your truck in the leaves to show the grinding ... we appreciate it!

I saw a pair of drop spindles on DT but they are sold as of 2-3 days ago. If anyone happens to find another set for 2-wheel or 4-wheel please let me know as I want to make this front end right.

Get these things already so we can do this in the spring. I'm not afraid of a little grinding if you're not.