Lowering a 2wd 2007 3500 crewcab???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bnokle

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 3500 ram
Engine
hemi 5.7
OK here's what I've found. Upper and lower arms for 2" and about $1000 by the time I get them. Cut a coil, and hope for the best, or get a custom front spring from $175-$350. They haven't decided yet on a price. Also , the same guys said they could adjust my coils and reheat them for alittle less. The same 2"'s and maybe a shorter tire on the front and thats all I could find for the front.

On the rear I do have 2" shackles and I have about 7" before the would come close to the wheel opening so I'm thning a flip kit.

Anyone have a better idea??? I'm really bummed and suprised there's so little support for these.

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Unfortunately I don't have any advice, but hope you've made progress on your search.

OP
OP
B

bnokle

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 3500 ram
Engine
hemi 5.7
my truck

If I ever get around to it, I'll just get lowering springs for a 94-2001 3500 and see how they work and they are cheap.

In the back I'm still not sure but probably flip it or leave the shackle in and take out a leaf.

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
Unfortunately on the Rams there's no aftermarket support, which makes most of these custom jobs which costs $$. I would love a dropped dually as well but I'd buy a Ford if I were to do it because of the support available.

I'd flip the rear for sure and do the shackle as well, after that I'd install a helper bag if you ever actually tow with it. The front won't work with the '01 spindles but they MAY be able to be modified to work but I'd be more inclined to have a custom set of spindles made. I know Michigan Metal Works will make spindles if you send them yours to jig from, but they're about the same price as you've already been quoted, $900 was the estimate for custom spindles on my 1500.

Trim the front coil, you shouldn't heat the coils as it's not good for the ride quality since you'll then have hard spots in the coil.

xb1230

Hobby Mechanic
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Have a look at DJM. They offer a lowering front control arm system that allows you to keep the OEM coils and also not have to deal with camber issues and other costly modifications. The nice benefit is also the ease of getting the truck back to original status when you want to resell which (from my perspective) is added value.

they also have a bolt-on Flip kit for the rear. Not quite sur on compatibility with a dually setup but I would give them a shout as they do show some dually pics on their web site.

I have recommended them to others here and they were very happy with the products and services they have gotten from them.

Definitely worth a look in my book.

Sent from my TouchPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txram956