make suspension stiffer?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justadodgeman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
how can i make my suspension stiffer without putting my helper spring back on or raising my truck back up in any way?

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Being a 2003, I would say likely a good set of replacement shocks would help ya considerably.

BigSloth

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500 CCSB Black Express
Engine
5.7 Hemi
stiffer like its bouncy while unladen? or it sags too much under load?

First being shocks as suggested, the latter can be cured by level control airbags. Just simple little airbags that can either be adjusted with shop air or OBA.

OP
OP
J

justadodgeman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
just got a set of reflexes and its bouncy cause it hits the bumpstops over the littlest of bumps. would it hurt to take the bumpstops off or would that be arching my leafsprings to far?

emjohn4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
just got a set of reflexes and its bouncy cause it hits the bumpstops over the littlest of bumps. would it hurt to take the bumpstops off or would that be arching my leafsprings to far?

Some lowering kits require cutting of the bumpstops. Does the reflex kit?

Other than that - install airbags.

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
If you are trying to eliminate frame slap, then you can use Tembren springs which are really bumps stops that are made out of rubber the OTR trucks use. Good luck..

OP
OP
J

justadodgeman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
im surprised nobody has said put the helper spring back on and clamp the helper spring to the other leafs on each end of the helper with spring clamps from local auto store which lowers your truck about an inch just like removing the helper and makes your ride stiffer. found this out on a chevy forum.

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
im surprised nobody has said put the helper spring back on and clamp the helper spring to the other leafs on each end of the helper with spring clamps from local auto store which lowers your truck about an inch just like removing the helper and makes your ride stiffer. found this out on a chevy forum.

IMO, clamping springs is a makeshift fixed at the track in attempt to control the rear axle. It makes for a harsh ride and often breaks the springs when used on the street. It's a poor short term solution at best.

emjohn4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
IMO, clamping springs is a makeshift fixed at the track in attempt to control the rear axle. It makes for a harsh ride and often breaks the springs when used on the street. It's a poor short term solution at best.

A perfect solution - for a Chevy! :lol:

moparman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500
Engine
Replace the rear shocks with a set of monroe reflexes for the front of a 99-03 ford f350 super duty diesel. Theyre 2 inches shorter than the factory rear dodge shocks. You can leave the overload leaf out, mine has been out since the day i did my 3/6 drop. An air lift slam air kit will help you as well if you not planning on a frame notch. Try and find someone selling a set of the drop kit bumpstops and get rid of the huge factory setup

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2