McGaughy's 2/4.5 drop kit question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justinhood

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I will be purchasing the Mcgaughy's 2/4.5 economy lowering kit this coming November. I'm currently running a P275/60R20 tire. I think that if possible making the 2/4.5 kit into a 3/5 kit would be perfect. I am driving a 2wd 2007 Dodge 1500 quad cab. If any one has done this and has any tips or advice, it'd be very appreciated!!

Bullitt5339

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just did the 4/6 kit last month that I turned into a 5/7 and my advice is to be prepared to replace the upper control arms and lower ball joints while you are in there, chances are that the time has come. All of mine were shot or getting a little loose. I just changed out the shocks today and I have to recommend that you get the Belltech Street Performance shocks after lowering. They fixed a ton of ride issues that I had.

I'm not sure about the tire size, but my 30.5" tires rub a little at full lock and sometimes on big bumps. Yours won't be as low as mine, but your tires are also almost 3" larger. Hopefully someone with a 3" drop can comment on that tire size.

OP
OP
J

justinhood

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Awesome! Thank you for the info! I'll take a look at all the ball joints and stuff when I get under it. The truck only has 66k miles so it all rides like a dream still and nothing squeaks.

xtremewlr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
My truck is in the shop right now getting the front suspension rebuilt with new upper arms, new lower ball joints and bushings, new sway bar bushings and they are installing a McG's 2/4.5 deluxe drop kit and doing a c-notch on the frame since I haul bikes in the truck on a regular basis. Tires are 305/50x20 and should have no clearance problems from the research I have done.