Need Axle U bolts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikehutch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well my next project underway is some airlift air bags on the rear. So with a lowered Ram and the axle on top of the spring you have to use an extra piece that goes under the axle mount. So now my ubolts are too short as I'm not getting full engagement of the nuts. So I need some new ones. Where's a good place and check my specs to see if I've assumed right.

Looks like 1/2" rod
Inside measurement is 3 1/2"
Length of current ones is 7" so I'm looking for probably an 8"

Thanks!

Last edited:

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
So you are just needing longer U bolts? I would check 3rdstrike, although I'm not sure if you can just buy seperate lowering kit components.....

nussdawg395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Any auto parts stores will have ubolts in various lenghts. Should be able to pick them up anywhere.

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
What size is your axle ? I might have a set laying around

OP
OP
mikehutch

mikehutch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've looked through a few autoparts websites and most carry the Dorman line for u-bolts and Dorman didn't have any that lined up with the size.

Not sure what axle i have as it's an 08 2WD but it's 3.75 in diameter where the bolts go around.

I found some sites where you key in the dimensions and they custom make them so I may go that route, but I figured there were some off the shelf ones but I've yet found any.

OP
OP
mikehutch

mikehutch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well went back to the garage today to putz around putting the truck together. THe measurements I had above were tape measure and a reference for rod diameter based on nut size. (Hmmm that's an interesting phrase :) )

Anyway I found my calipers and decided to measure twice order once. And I'm glad I did as I was way off. So with the new measurements there's a few more options for getting the axle bolts. Off to see what I can find.

Measurements above corrected for future reference.

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Oh alright, well hopefully you can find em :)

OP
OP
mikehutch

mikehutch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Popping back into this one to post the parts used for the job.

I found some Dorman u-bolts that I ordered through Advance Auto part number 35622.

Measurements
1/2" - 20
3 1/2"
7 1/2 "

They fit perfectly so now I'm back on the road with the lowered and Air Lift bagged Ram.

I'll post other thread soon on the air lift bag install.