need help on lowering my 2006 RCSB 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RatherBeRaming

Reaction score
Ram Year
2006 SLT 4x4 RCSB
Engine
345 Hemi 5.7
New to the forum and could use some educated opinions on which shocks to use in the rear for a 4 inch drop have stocks in right now and the ride is terrible. I've heard of people using some ford f350 shocks I believe because of its shorter length any one use these before or have their own recommendation for a quality ride shock. The rig is a 2006 ram 1500 RCSB 5.7 4x4

moparman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500
Engine
when i was looking for shocks for the rear of mine i ended up going with a set of monroe reflex shocks for the front of a 99-03? ford f350 super duty. theyre around 3-4 inches shorter than the stock length rear ram shocks. The eyelet of the shock is smaller as well so youll need to get different bolts, i went with 7/16x3 bolts and theyve been working just fine. Theyre a nitrogen shock and the ride over stock shocks improved drastically and im on an 8 inch drop right now.

OP
OP
R

RatherBeRaming

Reaction score
Ram Year
2006 SLT 4x4 RCSB
Engine
345 Hemi 5.7
Thanks I believe that's what I was looking for. What about the bilstein direct replacements for the f350 super duty I've just heard that bilstein shocks are the way to go and should have that quality ride I'm looking for.

moparman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500
Engine
I never knew bilstein had a set for those trucks. I put the reflex shocks on all 4 corners of mine and it was a completely different ride after that. Ive put bilsteins on customers cars at work and ive had nothing but good feedback on them, if you can find the right set of bilsteins od say go for it. You wont be disappointed

OP
OP
R

RatherBeRaming

Reaction score
Ram Year
2006 SLT 4x4 RCSB
Engine
345 Hemi 5.7
So I was looking on summit racing's website and bilstein does offer pretty much their full line of shocks for the f350 super duty. You said you used the front f350shock for your rears correct? And does anyone have experience with bilsteins as far as which one to go for the 5100s or HD any advice helps thanks.

moparman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500
Engine
So I was looking on summit racing's website and bilstein does offer pretty much their full line of shocks for the f350 super duty. You said you used the front f350shock for your rears correct? And does anyone have experience with bilsteins as far as which one to go for the 5100s or HD any advice helps thanks.

Yes i did use fronts for the 350. Are far as bilsteins and their shocks, im not sure which ones you would want to go with. I know that the lifted guys swear by them so you might have better luck in that section

Sent from my Galaxy s3 using Tapatalk 2