Need some help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KillerBee2164

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
ok i haved a stock 04 4x2 rumble bee i was this 2/4 DJM drop it has front coils u swap out and flip the rear...am i going to need different shocks so it dont bottom out the factory shocks...and is this flip kit as good as a spindle kit? this 2/4 is all bolt on...but i dont want to get it and it starts needing **** to make it "right"

kay9

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
xxxx
Engine
xxxx
You can get front and rear Bell tech Nitro Drop II Shocks for $35.65 shipped from Stillen, so it would be good to change them out since you have it apart. That said you can prob' run stockers on the front if you have to but i would at least change the rears out.
Coils and Flip Kit is not bad as a lot of folks run it. It depends on your budget.

Again you may have alignment issues with drop coils but maybe a shop can take it out for you.

FYI I would also get your perches welded to be on the safe side.

I would personally go for a spindle/flip kit setup since the spindles will keep close to factory geometry specs on the front. It will also be a good base if you want to go lower in the future.

OP
OP
KillerBee2164

KillerBee2164

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
You can get front and rear Bell tech Nitro Drop II Shocks for $35.65 shipped from Stillen, so it would be good to change them out since you have it apart. That said you can prob' run stockers on the front if you have to but i would at least change the rears out.
Coils and Flip Kit is not bad as a lot of folks run it. It depends on your budget.

Again you may have alignment issues with drop coils but maybe a shop can take it out for you.

FYI I would also get your perches welded to be on the safe side.

I would personally go for a spindle/flip kit setup since the spindles will keep close to factory geometry specs on the front. It will also be a good base if you want to go lower in the future.

ok thanks

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
Ditto. You can run the stock shocks in the rear if you use shock extenders. These come with most kits. Caster/Camber adjusters will cost about $90 and help with the alignment process.

Bad Habit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Modded 4.7l
couldn't agree more, these two guys and a few of us others are very knowledgeable in this area you came to the right spot for answers....