Need some options guys

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Night Crawler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum so it's going to take me awhile to get used to everything. Anyway, I have an 06 single cab that I have been trying to level by dropping the rear. First I took out the overload springs then I added 2 inch drop shackles. The wheel well in the back is 37 inches from the ground while the front is 35 1/2 inches, even after those two steps. What else can I do now? I don't want it slammed really, just level.

Attachments

• 117.jpg
    117.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 28

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
Two options, drop spring if that is all you'll every want or flip kit which is normally 4.5 inch drop and can be raised to 4" with a shackle adjustment.

OP
OP
Night Crawler

Night Crawler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
What exactly does the drop spring do man? I just looked at a few of them.

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
What exactly does the drop spring do man? I just looked at a few of them.

Drop spring is a de-arched spring rated at 2, 3 or 4 inch and bolts ln the stock location. I used a set on a old chevy and they worked fine. For a 3g Ram I think the flip kit is the way to go as it is cheaper and more versatile.

OP
OP
Night Crawler

Night Crawler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I was leaning more toward the flip kit too. One of my buddies told me to just take the middle spring out of the pack. I don't feel comfortable doing that, so I think I'll go with the kit eventually. I was hoping there was something I could do to the stock suspension though, but oh well. Pretty disappointed that the drop shackles barely did anything. Thanks for your input man, good looking truck you got.

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
I was leaning more toward the flip kit too. One of my buddies told me to just take the middle spring out of the pack. I don't feel comfortable doing that, so I think I'll go with the kit eventually. I was hoping there was something I could do to the stock suspension though, but oh well. Pretty disappointed that the drop shackles barely did anything. Thanks for your input man, good looking truck you got.

I don't recommend removing any springs other than the O/L spring and even then you will start seeing wheel hop and some type of traction control is necessary if you play hard. The typical solution is CalTracs or Long Bars. Good luck..