opinions on Kore cv joints for 4/6 drop....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moodygunner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys, Im going with a 4/6 drop on my 4x4. spindles and coils w/new monroe struts up front.....and flip-kit, c-notch, monroe shocks on rear. Should I be worried about tearing up my front CV's with the 4'' front drop? any opinions on high angle cv joints (I'm not worried about the cost, i'm about quality)? I'm about to pull the trigger tomorrow and get it finished asap, I'm coming home from Iraq next week and i need a gift for myself..... I've been a good boy :)

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
lol, well, i'm not sure at all about this, but maybe someone who's done it/knows will chime in soon

Prism

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The high angle Kore CV joints may work with that much drop. What type of Monroe coil/strut combo you going with that allows more drop? I'm just curious. I did the 2/4 drop on my last Ram 4x4 and had no issues with it. I've seen some horror pics of guys going more than 2.5" on the front of a 4x4 and blowing out their stock cv's(not a pretty sight). I know the Kore CV joints help cure the 4x4 shutter that guys have with leveling kits so I don't see why they wouldn't work the other way.

Last edited:

Oefootball_70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I agree Josh, the same issues arise when the CV's are pushed too far either way. I don't recall ever seeing them on a lowered 4x4 but they are known to be much stronger and durable. It makes sense to me to use them in this situation since you do have the money and are trying to ensure a quality ride.

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
Kore and Carli = simple the best

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Aren't the Kori shafts going to be longer to help compensate for the lift, and thus be even more tempted to bind up with a drop?

OP
OP
moodygunner

moodygunner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Joshua.....thats a question i have on a new thread. I want the monroe sensa tracs struts for the front and monroe reflex shocks for the rear, but i don't know if the stock height strut/shock will work or not??? the 4'' drop is from 2'' spindles and 2'' drop coils.

OP
OP
moodygunner

moodygunner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
update....... monroe shocks ordered, they work on the kit i have cause it comes with shock extenders. Also ordered the KORE high angle CV joints. I read some good stuff on them from lowered guys on the web.

Prism

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sounds good Dan. :waytogo: