Post Your Rim/Tire Size

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
I think from what you have said I am 99% sure the shocks are to soft

OP
OP
HemiBabe

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Alright awesome!!! What a lifesaver you are! :favorites13: :favorites13:

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
You can always put the other ones on the forum for sale . Would be good for someone that is using smaller rims and tires .

Let me know if you need anything else . And how did last night turn out ... did the dude kill himself or did the cops kill him ?

OP
OP
HemiBabe

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Good idea... I'll do that with the Nitro Drop 2's, they've only been used for a couple months.

And about that guy, I heard that he stepped out on his back porch to get somethin and the cops saw him and took the opportunity and shot him twice with an AR15; once in the chest under his left nipple and once in the right leg. They careflighted him to the hospital, I don't think he died though... crazy stuff lol

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
The good ol AR15 .. dam dirt bag

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
hope the new shocks work for you.

OP
OP
HemiBabe

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Thank you! I'm hoping they do to hehehe thanks for you help :)

BKNBK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm a little late, but have to agree with the other guys. Try some different shocks, but I'm guessing you'll still have some rubbing with the wheel/tire combo you have. I'd say the only way to avoid any rubbing is to roll the fenders, mod the liners.

I just put on a set of the OEM srt 10 night runner wheels that are 22x10 with Nitto 305/45-22's. I have a 3/5 drop and have to say that these don't rub a much as the factory 20's with 275/55-20 tires. I know it sounds odd--believe me I was surprised as well. I had already ordered a set of Nitto 285/45-22's from discount tire. I figured I'd try the 305's out 1st, seeing as how they were already on the wheels.

There is very little gap from the top of the tire to the wheel well, but I've not rubbed the lip of the fender as much as I expected. I will likely put the other tires on, but for now I'm riding on the factory SRT size.

I do expect to roll the fender soon and mod my liners, just to avoid any rubbing. Maybe I'll do that when I get my C-Notch done. :)

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
Good info Chad ..

Mt . V huh ? .. Hello from Springfield

pavester

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
boss 313s 22"
and 285/35/22 tires.... no rubbing whatsoever, hit massive bumps and it bottoms out and hits frame before the tires hit...

even on 20ss and 275/55/20 i wouldnt bottom out with tire hitting anything, hell i even jumped curbs and whatnot....

im gonna say the new shock probably wont help and the only thing is going to be removing your fender liners and if all else fails the rims will need to be replaced....there is a reason why jeremy got rid of them going lower, they wouldnt tuck without modifying the arms and suspension geometry...

OP
OP
HemiBabe

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
What's weird tho, is Jeremy said he never hit and he had the same size tires on there that I just put on. But, maybe he just didnt drive on the roads I do. I dunno anymore.

On 287 goin north to Mansfield is the worst, and comin back south to Midlothian. There are huge dips in the road and in any vehicle is like a boat jumpin waves. The only other major spot I have to slow down is the main rail road tracks in downtown Midlothian. It's got a huge dip. It's just annoying when I have to drive out of town and there are dips in the highway, I'm tired of sucking cusion when I see a bump or dip coming, I dont want to have to worry about it anymore. I like the look of my Boss 335s, I really don't want to have to get rid of them... I see tons of people running them w/ lowered trucks, so if the shocks don't stiffen it up enough, it's gotta be the tires I would think... but hell, I don't know anymore. Some people with the same size tires and same lowered height still say they dont hit, but maybe there are just better roads where they live. It's like my front end just dives downward with the weight of the motor, I'm just tired of worrying about hittin the fender when I'm driving somewhere and thats what makes me want to get a 4x4 again. :Rant:

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
4x4 is better anyway....J/K

Fat Jack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V-10 505ci
Your wheels need more offset to the inside.
My SRT has 22x10 wheels standard with a 305/40/22 tire. My truck is lowered 1" front 2" rear does not touch anywhere. I think the offset is 6" inside.

OP
OP
HemiBabe

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I have no idea what my offset is or needs to be... that is confusing to me... do you know what it needs to be near to bring it more inside the fender well?

BKNBK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm with Fat Jack...must be the offset.

I know what you're saying about having to worry about upcoming potholes, etc. It sucks, but guess that's just part of being lowered. You can make it better, but the ride isn't ever going to be the same without spending major cash.

OP
OP
HemiBabe

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Right, I hear ya Chad. That's very true... Ok so if it's the offset, what is the offset that I need to be looking to get? Does anyone know? I am clueless

pavester

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
boss 313s and 265/35/22.

icywhite

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hey guy new to this fourm im usely on another and a little late to this discussion but for 20s to rub something seem off other then your shocks i have a 2/4.5 drop and im still on my stock shocks that are in need of being replaced and i had the factory 20s never rubbed but i do bottom out with the bad shocks now im running 305 35 24 and i have never rubbed. i have had the rims on about 8 months going though some of the worse east texas roads

but i must say from many people i have talked to about the nitto 2 is that they are too soft and most say dont get them and go with the street performer

HPIM0170.jpg

july2011022.jpg

Last edited:

ROKTMAN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
305/40/22`s on 22x 9.5 Boss 303 rims.I am lowered 2" in front and 3" in back.