Psa: Welding in you perches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bad Habit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Modded 4.7l
Dont procrastinate for months like I did. Today my factory perches bent upwards towards the bed, and my pumpkin rotated up also. Chattered like crazy, limped back to a buddys paint shop where I had stopped to see a build he is doing. Bent my McGs under axle perches, didnt damage anything else thankfully. Bent my McGs back to normal, set everything the way they should be and had my buddy Tim weld them in place. It was and I repeat my own fault for not doing it sooner. Now tell me how nutless a 4.7 is? Bawlsy enough to **** up a rear end, and good day. All was fixed within a few hours. Good as new.

on tapatalk from my GS3....

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1359250818715.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359250818715.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 120

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
You got very lucky that it didnt do more damage. Glad it worked out for the best for you.

OP
OP
B

Bad Habit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Modded 4.7l
Very lucky very very lucky. It could have caused so much damage and or hurt myself and my son, let alone a stranger. Lesssssson learned.

OP
OP
B

Bad Habit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Modded 4.7l
Idk about lucky rabbits foot... but the minute I heard the pop I stopped to look, and knew immediately when I saw it. Does anyone know what size and theead pitch the ubolts are ? I wanna go get new nuts for them maybe nylock or a locking nut.

NITROUSCHRIS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Glad if wasn't worse bud! Thanks for posting this up! It may just be that reminder we need to get it welded. Good info!

TylerB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Gald it wasn't any worse! It only takes a short time to do or a few bucks to have a muffler shop throw some beads on it for anybody that hasn't done it yet.

OP
OP
B

Bad Habit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Modded 4.7l
Yes guys only a few minutes. I have one the most whacked work scedules and that was my excuse for putting it off. Find the time please. This scared the schnit outta me. Please everyone just have it done, and make sure all your nuts/bolts are tight.

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yup. Just posted about this in someone elses thread. I've been through this, had a far worse time than you. The peace of mind of knowing it's done now is very nice.

moparman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500
Engine
Dont procrastinate for months like I did. Today my factory perches bent upwards towards the bed, and my pumpkin rotated up also. Chattered like crazy, limped back to a buddys paint shop where I had stopped to see a build he is doing. Bent my McGs under axle perches, didnt damage anything else thankfully. Bent my McGs back to normal, set everything the way they should be and had my buddy Tim weld them in place. It was and I repeat my own fault for not doing it sooner. Now tell me how nutless a 4.7 is? Bawlsy enough to **** up a rear end, and good day. All was fixed within a few hours. Good as new.

I did the exact same thing but a lot worse. Rear axle twisted up, drive shaft broke in half, tore a hole in the muffler, dented the gas tank shield, tore the original spring perches and McG's perches got bent........all that with a 3.7 too