questions guys....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bad Habit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Modded 4.7l
i plan on going down when i can fab up my flip and get some drop springs, that said i hope to do this during the winter months in fla...so i need to know if there is room on the passenger side of the truck to be able to run my exhaust out in front of my tire and use challenger tips to finish the look....i just need to know if the leafs will be in my way for the exhaust runs.....i hate to do this and then it be in the way and redo the exhaust i have a issue about every 6 mths that the d/s tip hanger comes un-welded....and i hate it....

The Assassin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the Gibson Super Truck exhaust tips, they exit on the side. Now, since you are going to lower it, not sure if that would affect clearance or not.

OP
OP
B

Bad Habit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Modded 4.7l
very similar tips but the chally tips are 6x2.5" and have 2.5" piping to weld too...

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
Ya know now would be a good time too consider going thru the body panel. That would look awesome, rectangle , circles, maybe bologne cuts on an angle. Hmmm. It's not that hard a mod, course your gonna need another panel (in case you **** up.) But the first cut is the hardest.

badblackram06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
how low are you going? I've lowered mine till the frame sits directly on the rear end (using flip kit plus the short lowering shackles) and my exhaust is ran in front of my rear tire and it was still at least an inch away from the leaf springs. here is a quick pic i just took of what it looks like on mine. sorry for the quality. It may not even be close to what you are talking about ha.

IMG00045-20100825-1643.jpg

The Assassin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
this is in the lowered section....

I mean a specific forum lol

Ya know now would be a good time too consider going thru the body panel. That would look awesome, rectangle , circles, maybe bologne cuts on an angle. Hmmm. It's not that hard a mod, course your gonna need another panel (in case you **** up.) But the first cut is the hardest.

That is what I am going to do over the winter. TBE, on each side.

MOPAR78

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 4x4
Engine
Wow! I didn't realize how close the shackle was. I had to look at mine and I'm guessing you could go 7" to 8" max before trouble would soon follow...

OP
OP
B

Bad Habit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Modded 4.7l
now whats the diff if i run a new y vs. a x-pipe and true duals is it worth it on my 4.7l.....whats better and i know the y is most cost efficient....

Trupiano

Reaction score
Hometown : Puyallup,WA Stationed : Little Rock,
Ram Year
2010 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD Crew Cab
Engine
6.7L CTD
X-pipe is suppose to scavenge the exhaust more. When choosing between a H or X-pipe, it all comes down to sound. If you like the deep hot rodding sound at idle stay with an H pipe. If you like the raspy racey sound go with an X-pipe. As others have experienced on this forum, the difference between the 2 are not much. You do gain some more power with an X pipe, but probably 2-5rwhp, not anything you will feel. Again, it all comes down to the sound you want. I went with an X-pipe, and Im totally happy with my performance/Sound. Not sure how it'll work on a 4.7, but Im sure it's about the same.

MOPAR78

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 4x4
Engine
X is a tad bit better than H on a true dual set-up. However if you want to run true dual in front of both rears, H is the best way to accomplish it.

kay9

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
xxxx
Engine
xxxx
4/6 and my gibson supertruck cleared the leafs just fine. I had issues when changing my tires to 275/55/17's. The tips would scrape the ground during curbs and minor dips.

OP
OP
B

Bad Habit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Modded 4.7l
when i do get new wheels they will be 22" kmc slides black of coarse and ill only do a 2/4 max drop on the truck so i think ill be good with what ever i decide to go with ...this wont be done for a few months im just trying to get what i want in my head, cause i think im just gonna go get it welded up again to sit where its at until i drop it then address it then but i need the parts for the exhaust before then so i have everything....and dan where your s/t exit?

kay9

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
xxxx
Engine
xxxx
The catback exit's before the pass' tire. This was with 285/60/17 so it was good. Did not start contacting the ground until i went with the 275/55's
4668322989_fb26cc9102_b.jpg

blk05hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
when i do get new wheels they will be 22" kmc slides black of coarse and ill only do a 2/4 max drop on the truck so i think ill be good with what ever i decide to go with ...this wont be done for a few months im just trying to get what i want in my head, cause i think im just gonna go get it welded up again to sit where its at until i drop it then address it then but i need the parts for the exhaust before then so i have everything....and dan where your s/t exit?

You are the man for picking the kmc slides!!!

Gonna look PIMPIN!:big_banana_Dance:

OP
OP
B

Bad Habit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Modded 4.7l
love them wheels....they are a black chrome though...wish they were matte finished

OP
OP
B

Bad Habit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Modded 4.7l
Maybe not stayed with kmc though who knows what the future will bring but for the price I got these for and the fact I can pc the color I want kinda makes up for it for now atleast