Reverse level

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gearhead

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi Guys,

I am new on here. I have a 2003 ram 1500 2wd 4 door. This weekend I was trying to level the front with a 2" lift spacer, but that looked like a parts failure waiting to happen the way the geometry was messed up. SO before you say i'm in the wrong section, I am looking at doing a reverse level or lowering the rear. Now I don't want a slammed look as I want to keep that short course or desert truck look but I'm thinking maybe 2" rear drop or 1.5". What is the best way to go about this and do you run into drive shaft issues?

Little background info, I used to run a 1993 ford ranger splash with a 4/5 drop/18's/full exhaust/hood/racing seats full deal. So i am new to driving a truck with ground clearance haha. There are some beautiful trucks in here btw!

Thanks for the help!

bendirkss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What brand level was it? What didn't seem right with it?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
gearhead

gearhead

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It was a 2" daystar kit. The problem is even under load the max travel I had was less than an inch. Also at full droop the upper control arm hit the coil bucket. Not to mention the angles of the ball joints looked dangerously tweaked becuase of the lift

OP
OP
gearhead

gearhead

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ordered in the MaxTrac 2" shackle kit so we will see how it comes out! I will post pics when i do it.

OP
OP
gearhead

gearhead

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Completed the reverse level. 60 Bucks and an hour of time.

Before:

photo-3.jpg

After

level.jpg

Misfit Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
2" drop shackles, you can usually find them on any formum at any given time for about $75. I'd sell you mine if the ex ever finds them! lol