Shocks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BOOMER5OONER

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ordered Mcgaughys 2/4.5 spindle drop along with new upper and lower ball joints. Im trying to find a part number for the Belltech Street Performance drop shocks I need for the rear. I read on here we dont need the shock extender bracket if we have drop shocks I just can find what size I need to order.

I found some threads that recommend 2212FF for the rear

I am also trying to find out if there is any benefit to purchasing the street performance shocks for the front even though they are the same size as stock ones.

If anyone has a link to this installation process that would be nice.

Thanks!:favorites13:

Bullitt5339

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2212FF are what I used on mine with the 7" drop. I kept the extension brackets though.

And I would absolutely recommend putting them on the front as well. Even though you'd use the same length as factory, the valving is superior in the Belltechs. There is just no comparison.

The installation process is fairly easy. Up front, there are 2 13mm nuts holding the bottom of the shock on and an 18mm nut on top. If the entire shaft spins the top of the shaft has a 9mm hex head on it that you can hold to remove the nut.

The rears aren't difficult at all either, 21mm bolt to a nut with a bracket that stops it from turning up top. Use a socket, short extension and ratchet to get it from the wheel well. The lowers bolts are 21mm as well, you just need a socket and a wrench. Pretty straight forward, although the upper bolts on the rear were pretty freaking tight. I had to use my breaker bar to get them started.

Rear stockers vs. 2212FF's for length comparison:

20150821_200504_zpse8vgm0ag.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

BOOMER5OONER

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
picture.php

those shocks are amazing

Bullitt5339

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They made a huge difference on my truck. It was like driving a completely different vehicle after the install.