Shorter swaybar end links?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bullitt5339

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've been looking around for some shorter endlinks for the front of my truck, but it seems that no one really makes them for our lowered trucks so I started thinking about it.

I have a neighbor who builds SFI certified drag cars and is a magician with a welder. I'm wondering if anyone has ever cut, shortened and sleeved a set of shorter swaybar end links? It doesn't seem that it would be difficult at all as long as you were good with a TIG and could possibly go a long way to restoring some of the geometry issues in the front end.

I'm giving this some thought and may go for it.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Your neighbor is the best start IMO, not much out there and been a topic with many guys here. Davidram had a set by Chris Alston but had alot of issues with them...
If you have your neighbor make some up post them up... there are a lot of us that want to do the same

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
I wouldn't get the Chris Alston ones, the 3 of us that have run them have either snapped them or they wear out fast. Mine have been in for 2 years and the joints are worn out and really sloppy. Depending on how low you are a pair of u brackets with a heim joint swedged bar is the best option if you can't get the F150 endlinks to work. You just have to be careful with how much offset there is between your lower control arm and sway bar ends, too much and you'll be busting joints all the time.

moparman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500
Engine
i ran sway bar links from an 08 ford f150 2wd. same design and fitment as the ram, just 2 inches shorter than stock. The issue i ran into having DJM drop arms, the geometry is still a little screwed up so i now run links from an 09 lincoln navigator. theyre a double ball joint style link and 3 inches shorter than oem links