Squat the right way

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sleeper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 supercharged
Hi everyone! I'm new to this site:wtf: Had a few questions I'm sure everyone who's wanted to lower their 3rd gen 4x4 will or have run into. I am doing a 2-4 drop on my '04 Ram. I have already purchased Beltech lowering leaf packs along with Beltech street performance drop shocks for the rear . I have lowering keys for the front but am uncertain if I require drop spindles or not. I also can't seem to find drop shocks for the front and am wondering if an OEM length shock along with a shock extender is an acceptable alternative. Greatly appreciate any input, thanx!

Attachments

• truck 031.jpg
    truck 031.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 1,725
  • noplate.1.jpg
    noplate.1.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 507
Last edited:

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Welcome to RF!

I know some guys have used the spindles, but I'm sure they will chime in shortly.

Also, you can try a search at the top, I know there have been a lot of 4x4 lowering questions. :)

OP
OP
Sleeper

Sleeper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 supercharged
Thanx Hemi Babe! I have been searching the forums but thought I might find out faster this way. There seems to be some very knowledgeable people here. Nice truck btw, I almost got that color.

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
that IS an intercooler I see behind the grill. Neat-O!

I don't know about lowering a 4x, but in general, if spindles are an option, I'd opt for them.

PCA4208

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't think you will need new spindles with all the other stuff.
And stop hiding that pro charger! You can't fool anyone here haha.

OP
OP
Sleeper

Sleeper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 supercharged
Thanx guys! Anyone ever use shock extenders? Pictures of the supercharger on my page. Also listed engine as hemi 5.7 supercharged

OP
OP
Sleeper

Sleeper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 supercharged
If you've already got the drop shocks, you don't need the shock extenders. I think those are to keep using OEM shocks after the flip kit is installed.

Yeah I did some more research and figured that out. Extenders work opposite of what I thought in the front they raise the lower mount position for lifting. I'm not using a flip kit in the back. Have new leaf springs for the rear drop. I ended up finding all 4 drop shocks from Ground Force. My setup should maintain factory handling, only with improved dampening. Rear end should ride smoother too. Never use my truck for serious weight.. just my motorcycles.