Strut and shock help...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moodygunner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm dropping my 4x4 4/6". I want Monroe struts on the front, so will OEM height struts work? Also i have shock extenders for the rear, do OEM height shocks work back there as well? if not does anyone have part numbers of what works??

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
you need to talk to Everett - shikitishackkkkkkkkk

He's got a 07 4x4 on a 4/6 drop. :D

OP
OP
moodygunner

moodygunner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
yeah I've been talking to him. I'm gonna mirror his method, but he can't remember the shock set up exactly. So i was reaching out. Would the strut/shock set-up be any different with a 4x4 than a 4x2?

OP
OP
moodygunner

moodygunner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
update....... OEM shocks will work with the McGaughy's 4/6" lowering kit as long as you get the kit comes with shock extenders.

shikityshack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
internal combustion
update....... OEM shocks will work with the McGaughy's 4/6" lowering kit as long as you get the kit comes with shock extenders.

Just FYI, cuz I never thought to mention it till now.

When I was going through this process, I wanted to see just how low I could go, w/o serious fabrication and keep this all functional.. Even with the Kore inner cvs giving all that extra joint travel, I found you end up running out of up travel on the front struts anyway, This pic is the suspension collapsed, also the tires in this pic are shorter, this was taken when I had 305 50 20s on the truck, now with the 305 45 22s they would probly hit the fenders.

4/6 is the lowest you can get. At 4 inches front drop when I drop the front hard off my driveway it slightly hits the bump stops. But I have to try, for that to happen.. Every day driving though, your good.. since Sept 2011 I've had zero issues. And our roads around here aren't the best..

Like I said in pms. The Monroe dampening and the GF spring rate compliment each other nicely. I really think you'll like the ride and stability..

Attachments

• everetts phone pics 581.jpg
    everetts phone pics 581.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 31