Super Truck Finished Project!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trupiano

Reaction score
Hometown : Puyallup,WA Stationed : Little Rock,
Ram Year
2010 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD Crew Cab
Engine
6.7L CTD
Well, as RamMan dubbed her "Super Truck". Here's the completed lowering stance for my "Hemi Super Truck!" Got the shackles all finished, thanks to silverbullet, and adjusted the torsion bars for 1 more inch of drop. She's now sitting at 4" on all 4 corners, and still rides really good! Was originally at 5" after the drop. The shackles dropped the back down to 3". But I aired the bags up to 35psi, and she's sitting comfortably at 4". Still working the caltracs, but I gotta wait till I get ahold of moes for those.

Here's a comparison picture.
504-sta70746.jpg

Last edited:

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
Sweet! well done....

Shiloh 24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L gas
Looks sick man, I kinda thought it would be lower though? Did you just put shackles in the rear and then loosen the front torsion bars if I'm understanding this right?

OP
OP
Trupiano

Trupiano

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Yeah. I started with the 2/4.5 drop spindles and flip kit, then went a lil lower with the oem stock shackles and torsion bars. I could go lower if I wanted... but that's just too low for this truck. Im not slamming it, just performance drop for handling. Still feels stiff, and rides really well. Cant wait to upgrade to new shocks though.

After installing the OEM shackles, the back end was actually sitting at 3" inches from tire to fender, but I aired up the bags till it was 4". It might not look too low in the pictures... but the stock height of this truck was 9.5-10 inches in the rear, and 7 in the front. So ultimately it went down 3 in front, and 6 in the back. I think that's pretty good for a 4X4, and my CV joints still look really good!

Shiloh 24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L gas
Yeah. I started with the 2/4.5 drop spindles and flip kit, then went a lil lower with the oem stock shackles and torsion bars. I could go lower if I wanted... but that's just too low for this truck. Im not slamming it, just performance drop for handling. Still feels stiff, and rides really well. Cant wait to upgrade to new shocks though.

After installing the OEM shackles, the back end was actually sitting at 3" inches from tire to fender, but I aired up the bags till it was 4". It might not look too low in the pictures... but the stock height of this truck was 9.5-10 inches in the rear, and 7 in the front. So ultimately it went down 3 in front, and 6 in the back. I think that's pretty good for a 4X4, and my CV joints still look really good!

Sweet deal man, I really like the look I just figured it'd be more lol. This makes me think of lowering mine again..... it only takes money right? haha

OP
OP
Trupiano

Trupiano

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Lol yeah it definately takes money. Spindles/Flip ended up costing $600. So not too much, I got the extra inch of drop after that for pretty much free though! Just manipulated the trucks suspension parts.

OP
OP
Trupiano

Trupiano

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
I 100% wanted a 4X4 when I first was shopping for trucks... and I'm really glad I got one. But honestly, if it weren't for winter snow/ice, mud parking lots, and the ton of flooding that happens here in arkansas, I'd prolly never use it. Well, then again it makes my 0-60 time better =P It's nice to have, I guess is what Im trying to say lol.

Shiloh 24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L gas
I 100% wanted a 4X4 when I first was shopping for trucks... and I'm really glad I got one. But honestly, if it weren't for winter snow/ice, mud parking lots, and the ton of flooding that happens here in arkansas, I'd prolly never use it. Well, then again it makes my 0-60 time better =P It's nice to have, I guess is what Im trying to say lol.

I'll agree with it being nice to have, there have only been 1 or 2 times where I've really really needed it but other than that my 2wd gets me through a lot surprisingly enough.

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
OP
OP
Trupiano

Trupiano

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Trup,
Kevin's "Never Done" truck is a 4wd truck and your's looks to have achieved the same drop. I personnaly think it is perfect both for looks and functionality. I am looking forward to a full picture layout. SuperTruck has really come together nicely. I love to see trucks that have been donet right.

http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/7/web/2299000-2299999/2299721_197_full.jpg

Thanks! That means alot dude! I didn't know his was a 4wd either. Im still working on it, so she still has a long way to go. But it's nice to hear props now and then : )

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
what midget moose wasnt good enough? trup that looks gorgeous, im glad you went the extra inch. i just realized you are in little rock. how long are you going to be there? we need to do a gtg in the spring if you are still there