Terrible Ride

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PCA4208

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does anyone else have a terrible ride like I do? When people say that they can feel the road more with a lowering kit I feel as if I'm in a go kart with no suspension sometimes. I just hae a 2-4" lowering kit and hotchkis sway bars, don't know the what shocks though. Could it be that i need new shocks?

trev

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've fixed mine to be about a 4/7 drop, my ride isn't to bad as long as I stay away from the big dips in the road.. Cruising around its not much of a change from stock.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Does anyone else have a terrible ride like I do? When people say that they can feel the road more with a lowering kit I feel as if I'm in a go kart with no suspension sometimes. I just hae a 2-4" lowering kit and hotchkis sway bars, don't know the what shocks though. Could it be that i need new shocks?

I have stiff coils up front but stock leafs with lowering shackles in the back. I wouldn't say its terrible, but it rides like pretty much every leaf spring car I have ever had (which is almost all of them).

I have GF 2/3 drop and I'm sick of the ride. Don't like it anymore because of the stiffness.

El phono

At least you coils at all corners.

OP
OP
PCA4208

PCA4208

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm pretty sure that my rear leafs are not stock because they are pretty flat like low profile. But I swear I find every terrible road in this city. ( In which almost every road in New Mexico is complete crap and there is less potholes on dirt road then on the street)

BKNBK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well, I think it's to be expected that your ride comfort will suffer. Decreasing your suspension travel will affect your ride. Now the extent of the effect can vary.

I started with a 2/4.5 McGaughy's kit. At first the rear would bottom out on bigger dips, RR tracks. The front rubbed slightly. I ended up adding front drop springs (McGaughy's), used stock shackles to make it 3/6. I C-notched the rear (3"), cut away some of the inner fender well lip, rolled fenders. Now my ride is ok. Not great, not stock, but acceptable and worth the look.

I think a big factor here is the environment you drive in, quality of the roads. You wouldn't likely want a dropped ride if your roads are trash. At least unless you like driving 5 mph everywhere, lol.

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Yeah mine rides like a dump truck, but on smooth roads its fine.

[tapatalkin]

SILVER_BULLET

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Well, I think it's to be expected that your ride comfort will suffer. Decreasing your suspension travel will affect your ride. Now the extent of the effect can vary.

I started with a 2/4.5 McGaughy's kit. At first the rear would bottom out on bigger dips, RR tracks. The front rubbed slightly. I ended up adding front drop springs (McGaughy's), used stock shackles to make it 3/6. I C-notched the rear (3"), cut away some of the inner fender well lip, rolled fenders. Now my ride is ok. Not great, not stock, but acceptable and worth the look.

I think a big factor here is the environment you drive in, quality of the roads. You wouldn't likely want a dropped ride if your roads are trash. At least unless you like driving 5 mph everywhere, lol.

that last part is exactly how it is around here there is plenty of trucks around here with 6/9 and more drops and some of the roads are horrible so 5mph is normal here haha

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Trup how did your 05 ride after all of the work you did on it?