Those who have dropped....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bad Habit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Modded 4.7l
what did you do with the front sway bar? i still have it hooked up with stock length aftermarket end links. Its pitched high though, was wondering if anyone has found shorter end links?

And a shock preference? I currently run a kyb gas shock. They are kinda soft, i did a 50m poker run this past weekend thru some curvy roads and found i have some body roll and bump stop action on some bumps, i know i need a lower pro tire which will come with new wheels sometime in the beginning of the yr. but the only issue i got with tires is a lil fender well rub no biggie there.

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
Jay , just c-notch that ***** ... ya know ya wanna .. LOL

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I took my sway bar off once, I didn't like how it handled. I am running Belltech Street Performance shocks, they aren't as soft as the Nitro Drop IIs. I still rub my fenders in the front as well, but only on really bad dips.

Do you still have your bumps stops on in the back?

OP
OP
B

Bad Habit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Modded 4.7l
yes Dave, i have looked into a full on bag kit, but its not in the cards right now. eventually i hope.

Not removing it, i undid it and folded it up and hated it.

im running a low profile bump stop in the rear and hit it often, nothing upfront at all never have i hit control arm to frame. but i run a 275/55/20 and rub the inner wells sometimes, im thinking of ordering a low profile b/s for the front to see if it helps.

Ive read alot of the lowering threads again today and it seems like hemibabe said the street perf. shocks are the way to go.

I worry about this as I am looking to purchase a set of helo he866 wheels in black with chrome. I was set on 22s until i did this poker run, unless i can get travel under wraps Ill have to buy a 20 wheels again.

Dave do you still have pricing for said shocks or do i call Bryan?

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
PM DB Truck Customs :banana-mario:

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I took my bump stops out completely in the back, I have only hit frame like 2 times and it was a bad, bad pot hole. You might try just taking them out?

OP
OP
B

Bad Habit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Modded 4.7l
Hemibabe, these low profiles are maybe a .5-1" at most.

Dave PM sent.

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
notching it would prolly be your best bet

OP
OP
B

Bad Habit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Modded 4.7l
I wanna try these shocks, to see if my shocks are really that bad (bout 10mths old), then ill go into that if need be...

ercmesser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Jay what drop do you have on? I took my end-links off measured it leveled then went over to Gear Heads in Clearwater. Tell them the length and they will find one close to it or order them for you.

OP
OP
B

Bad Habit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Modded 4.7l
Jay what drop do you have on? I took my end-links off measured it leveled then went over to Gear Heads in Clearwater. Tell them the length and they will find one close to it or order them for you.

I have a McGaughy's 2/4.5 drop. Damn I am never over that way now that I moved to the LOL area.

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
PM me your address. I have a set of 3/8" bumpstops I'll mail to ya.
I've had them for years. new in package.

With as low as your truck looks, I'd guess you need a frame notch too...

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
The Belltech Street Performance shocks are the way to go. These are our best selling shock for the dropped 3rd and 4th gen Rams. As for the swaybar, you should be fine with the stock endlinks. They are at a bit of an angle, but not enough to kill the handling of the truck. You are going to be amazed at how much of a difference the shocks alone will make. Also, you will benefit more by adding a rear swaybar than by getting shorter links up front. Belltech makes a nice rear swaybar for the dropped trucks.

OP
OP
B

Bad Habit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Modded 4.7l
Thanks again whitexpress.

Whats the price on set at moes?

on tapatalk from my GS3....

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi

ercmesser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Jay send me our measurement and ill see what i can. I got a 4/6 drop, so my measurement cant help you. I live a few miles away from Gear Heads. Spindles or springs?

OP
OP
B

Bad Habit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Modded 4.7l
Spring drop for the time being. Ill crawl under tomorrow morning and get some measurements. I can always call em, and have my wife pick em up or just go hang out over that way with some friends.

on tapatalk from my GS3....

icywhite

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
thats kinda odd i had problems in my back when i first dropped my truck but once i changed the bumpstops and added the nittro 2's i cant even rem. the last time i bottomed out. i have 2/4.5 with darched spring in the back... i have also never had any problem with finder rub im running 305 35 24s

NITROUSCHRIS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Good info here! Sounds like you will have a handle on it. All this feed back has steered me in the right direction! :D