Tie rod flip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moparman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500
Engine
Has anybody physically done it? Ive searched and come up with nothing other than " well so and so said it isnt a good idea and this guy said itll have bad bump steer". Ive heard wind of a heim joint conversion kit for the srt10's but they were short lived because of problems with the joints falling off. A few companies make kits for s10's and other mid size pickups but nothing for the full sizers. Im dropped 3" inches already with djm arms and already raised my uca's 5" off the frame to correct the camber angle. The tie rods are holding me back from going lower. I have no problem reaming the knuckles to flip the tie rods, im just looking to see if its been done. I drive 75-100 miles daily and im looking for a long term fix, not heim joints that are going to drop going 70mph on the highway

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

ercmesser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I ask the same question about year or so ago and got the same run around. I have a 4-6 drop on mine it does fine in the stock location. After measuring and searching for a few month I found that if you flip it the inner tie rod would be to long and the adjustment for alignment would be to far out of reach. You could cut new threads on the rod but is it worth the trouble. All it would be for the look.

OP
OP
moparman

moparman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500
Engine
My inner and outer tie rods are already cut 1" because of the djm arms so i should be able to get the toe correct when i align it again. When i had the 2-4 drop it wasnt an issue but 3-6 its starting to kill the inner and outer tie rods.

ercmesser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Are you using store brand, oem, or moog? They like to tell you that there no difference between the three but there is. I run moog and have had an issues yet(knock on wood).

OP
OP
moparman

moparman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500
Engine
I believe whats on the truck now is the original 115k mile stuff. Im going to put moogs in it when i do it, im just trying to see if anybody has flipped them over so i can hopefully fix the horrible angles theyre at

ercmesser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don't think any one has. Because the only kits I saw was for jeeps and still don't thing it fits. If you find any thing on it let me know. I never did anything about the angle. Just put it on an alignment rack and put it in spec and so far so good.