Torsion Bars

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kapt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L
If I put a flip kit on the back of my 04 Ram it will drop the rear about 5" they say. In the front, my torsion bars are already cranked up lifting the front of the truck 2" to level it. So loosening them back to stock, and another 3" should make it sit pretty level after the flip on the rear. My question is; How bad would it ride after that?

Rustycowl69

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 ram 3500
Engine
V10
All my experience is with old Mopar passenger cars. My 70 AAR Cuda came with a 'special" rake. Nowadays they would call it a down in the front stance. How the factory achieved it is by loosening the preload on the torsion bars. The factory did this, so I guess they figured it wouldn't hurt anything. But I didn't like the fact that the control arms weren't centered between the jounce and rebound bumpers, so I cranked them back up and realigned it.
If I was going to do what your contemplating, I think I'd loosen all the suspension bushing bolts, then loosen the t-bar jacking screws to where you want it and it's level side to side, then re-tighten the bushing bolts at the new neutral 'rest' position.

OP
OP
Kapt

Kapt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L
Thank you. Good thinking. Yeah, the old days. Had many an old MOPAR back in the day sitting on the ground with loose torsion bar settings and completely unalignable lol