Worn through wheel well liners

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bullitt5339

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well, I knew it was going to happen but I was hoping it would have taken longer than it has but I have worn through the tops of my front wheel well liners from rubbing over huge bumps.

Has anyone taken them completely out? I'm just wondering how horrible it would look without them and whether I'll have to reroute any wiring if I decided to do it.

Debating between pulling them or just taking them out and cutting where they're rubbing and putting them back in.

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know most people say it looks pretty bad when you take them out, not only that but you're gonna sling a bunch of dirt and crap all in your engine bay.

OP
OP
B

Bullitt5339

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I know most people say it looks pretty bad when you take them out, not only that but you're gonna sling a bunch of dirt and crap all in your engine bay.

Yeah, I don't want it to look horrible, that's my main concern. It's about a 5" square area at the top that needs to come out, and by looking at it, with that square cut out, it won't be visible and I'll retain most of the fender well liners, especially at the back where everything gets kicked up.

ST-8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've just let the truck take care of it for me. I got perfect squares in both of mine

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
You can always form a "bubble" of material over the hole. Home Cheapo and other stores have the material. All you need is a heat gun and some glue.

CorDog009

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That's what I was going to say. Box in the area over the hole and seal it up.