2004 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Hemi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tyson

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 Dodge Ram 1500 crew cab 4x4
Engine
5.7 hemi
Currently leveled with 33x12.50r20 Wanting to lift, thinking 6". But not sure. Wanting either 22x14 on stretched 33's or 24x14. What size lift do I have to get to make these fit?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 127
OP
OP
Tyson

Tyson

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 Dodge Ram 1500 crew cab 4x4
Engine
5.7 hemi
I bought my 04 1500 a few months ago, and decided to tear the front end apart and replace all bearings and bushings because I felt a rough vibration. Once I had it all torn apart, found out that my cv axle on the driver side was completely stripped out, the output shaft on my front differential going to the cv shaft has no splines left. I'm thinking maybe the guy I bought it from cranked up the torsion keys too much and put the cv axle in a bind, putting too much pressure on the output shaft. The passenger side had a little play but haven't taken it off yet. Wondering what caused this so when I replace it, it doesn't happen again. Any input or problem solving is greatly appreciated. Hopefully this will help someone as well