2 inch coil lift, but super bouncy - info needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Getonit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just put a 2 inch coil leveling lift on my 2007 2wd Ram and was told that I didnt need new shocks. Now when i drive down the road the front end bounces real bad. Its not a boingy bounce it is more of a super stiff solid suspension bounce.

Is this the result of the shocks being almost fully extended and not being able to soften the suspension?

Any help on this will be greatly appreciated.

Deviate

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 4x2
Engine
My 05 did the same thing. The place I got the spacers from said that new shocks were not needed. Lies. I bought the front shocks for a 2500 which are 2 inches longer than those on the 1500 and it is MUCH better.

One note...some people have complained about the upper control arms hitting on very large bumps if you have the longer shocks. But that's not something I have experienced.

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Most leveling kits say you don't need new shocks with a level cause well.. You don't. What they don't mention is they ride like lumber wagons with stick length shocks. Your shocks don't have much travel/rebound in them when extended 2"

OP
OP
G

Getonit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ok, thanks guys.

Also, nice looking trucks. I will have to get some pics of mine up as well.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
yup, i would replace your shocks with longer ones

ramin44s

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
yes you need to get stock 2500 dodge ram shocks, i have the rancho 5000 shocks for a 2500 and they ride really good i have 3'' coils and a 4'' spindle

OP
OP
G

Getonit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just letting y'all know that I found a pair of new 2500 shocks and now my truck rides like a dream. Personally I think it rides better then stock because the 1500 shocks were a little to soft while braking and the truck did the granny car bounce.

Thanks all for the advice.

DrewRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI MDS
I just put a 2 inch coil leveling lift on my 2007 2wd Ram and was told that I didnt need new shocks. Now when i drive down the road the front end bounces real bad. Its not a boingy bounce it is more of a super stiff solid suspension bounce.

Is this the result of the shocks being almost fully extended and not being able to soften the suspension?

Any help on this will be greatly appreciated.

What brand spacers did you put on? and I would love to see a pic of how it sits now!