2" leveling kit issues- 2005 2wd Ram 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kaptainkindbud

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I just had a 2" leveling kit from Fat Bob's garage installed on my 2005 2wd Ram with 210k. I bought the kit that came with new shocks that are 2" longer. The control arms on the truck have about 10k miles on them. I immediately had the truck aligned after the kit was installed. Overall I am happy with it, it looks great and rides good overall. I drove it 35 miles home on the interstate cruising at 80 and she rode fine. My problem is the clunking noise that I get over speed bumps. Mine especially seems to be coming from the passenger side. It doesn't always do it either. I asked the guy at my local Dodge dealership who installed it and he said the coil needs to seat? Sounds like B.S. to me! Where do I need to look first? Sway bar? I was hoping to avoid what seems to be a common problem after having these kits installed since I had longer shocks installed at the same time and almost new control arms. Thanks for any advice!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
am3334