4hi shuddering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

09nitetrain

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
anyone found a fix for the 4hi shudder yet. i got an 06 trx4 1500 with the bilstien 5100 and i did the alignment and i still get a wicked shudder in 4hi in 6 plus inches of snow even under light acceleration.

Catchin Zs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
KORE High Angle Inner Cv Joints are the main way to fix it. Only downside is that they're 800 a set. But you'll never have to worry about cv's again! I just bought some and they look like they could withstand a nuclear bomb.

OP
OP
09nitetrain

09nitetrain

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
yeah was hoping not to go that root, just dont under stand similar truck with same lift and tires on it that my buddy has no shudder, it rides like a caddy in 4hi. did the kore axles take care of yours?

03MopaRamman

RAM SPORT / 18 SRT
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 (2003 Forgottens SOLD and 2014 SOLD)
Engine
Hemi 5.7 (392 Hemi) 86 Ford .308 HO Roller
After quite a few shafts wore out I finally bit the bullet and Bought Factory replacements at the dealer. They are 256 a shaft but are worth every penny, no core charge and you can order the end nut and inner clips too. Will be two years and still no problems, smooth on the highway and still able to withstand the odd 4HI hard-launch and high rpm run. My point here being stay away from reman on these trucks especially the Cardone as even the pots are not from dodge with the key slots but some round homemade hardyspicer and when I say shafts I also mean inner Diff axle shafts which only 1 of my 4 are still original.

Never heard of the ones Will is talking about but I guess they would be good for helping with extra angles put on by lifting. Danny