Biggest tire on stock ride height?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dan1911

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
ok. thanks for the info!!

Just so you can see up close

4dc74c18f64eada9c344aedf0bdf24fe.jpg

They are pretty quiet on the hwy and I have yet to get stuck in some pretty mucky terrain. And I believe Toyo has a 50k tread wear warranty on the extreme versions for this tire

Sent via telepathy

OP
OP
B

BNR34RB26DETT

Reaction score
Ram Year
07 Laramie
Engine
Just so you can see up close

4dc74c18f64eada9c344aedf0bdf24fe.jpg

They are pretty quiet on the hwy and I have yet to get stuck in some pretty mucky terrain. And I believe Toyo has a 50k tread wear warranty on the extreme versions for this tire

Sent via telepathy
well thats a good news!
hows the mpg by the way? did you see a huge drop by going to 35s?

dan1911

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
well thats a good news!

hows the mpg by the way? did you see a huge drop by going to 35s?

I got 34s but I probably dropped 1mpg but I haven't really done hand calculations, and I just upgraded my muffler so it's hard to keep my foot off it hahah. With constantly opening up the throttle and loving this new muffler, I see about 13mpg on the evic (see below)

Also keep in mind the speedometer will be off a bit, I think mine is about 7-8% off, which will also show inaccurate mpg readings on the EVIC because you actually travel further than what the truck thinks since per revolution you are covering more distance. When I am going 60mph I know I'm actually closer to 65mph

This website will allow you to enter your current tire size and the new size and gives you a wealth of data to go with

https://tiresize.com/calculator/

Sent via telepathy

OP
OP
B

BNR34RB26DETT

Reaction score
Ram Year
07 Laramie
Engine
Right. Sorry, I meant the 34’s. 1mpg isn’t bad at all actually. Im planning on upgrading tire size without lift now thanks to you!
Thanks for the link. Very useful.
Btw did you consider removing the exhaust by the muffler? (just the rear section of it at the tail)
Im wondering if this would be the cheapest method for increasing sound

dan1911

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Right. Sorry, I meant the 34’s. 1mpg isn’t bad at all actually. Im planning on upgrading tire size without lift now thanks to you!
Thanks for the link. Very useful.
Btw did you consider removing the exhaust by the muffler? (just the rear section of it at the tail)
Im wondering if this would be the cheapest method for increasing sound

Are you talking about removing the section of pipe including the resonator? I just got the mufflex 18inch muffler kit and kept the resonator. Great sound when opening it up and not too loud when idle, but a nice mellow growl (and pretty minor drone, doesnt bug me at all).
In the winters when it hits down to -40 we usually have to warm up the vehicles for 20+ minutes so i didnt want something that would **** off the neighbors. The 18 is perfect for me, and not so loud that the lady hates it lol.

Im sure if you wanted more sound you could just remove that section, but that water boiler size of a muffler dodge put on there will likely keep it pretty tame regardless if its still on

OP
OP
B

BNR34RB26DETT

Reaction score
Ram Year
07 Laramie
Engine
Are you talking about removing the section of pipe including the resonator? I just got the mufflex 18inch muffler kit and kept the resonator. Great sound when opening it up and not too loud when idle, but a nice mellow growl (and pretty minor drone, doesnt bug me at all).
In the winters when it hits down to -40 we usually have to warm up the vehicles for 20+ minutes so i didnt want something that would **** off the neighbors. The 18 is perfect for me, and not so loud that the lady hates it lol.

Im sure if you wanted more sound you could just remove that section, but that water boiler size of a muffler dodge put on there will likely keep it pretty tame regardless if its still on

well when i was under the truck off top of my memory, there is the furthest back rear section, which connects to the mid pipe just in front of rear tires.
that sounds like the perfect amount of sound i would be looking for.
then there is that water boiler size piece (which i consider mid pipe) that sits in the middle section of the truck.
i was thinking of removing just the tail end of it before the boiler lol.
did you happen to start the truck with the exhaust off?

dan1911

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
well when i was under the truck off top of my memory, there is the furthest back rear section, which connects to the mid pipe just in front of rear tires.
that sounds like the perfect amount of sound i would be looking for.
then there is that water boiler size piece (which i consider mid pipe) that sits in the middle section of the truck.
i was thinking of removing just the tail end of it before the boiler lol.
did you happen to start the truck with the exhaust off?

Unfortunately i did not start it when the muffler was off, i was also installing some moose lights behind the grille so i had the battery and stuff disconnected, so I am not sure what it would sound like.
The boiler size piece is the actual muffler, the second smaller muffler looking thing further back is just a resonator to prevent cab drone. If you just remove the resonator and dump the exhaust right after the muffler (boiler) you run the risk of having virtually the same loudness, but with the added drone that the resonator deleted.

OP
OP
B

BNR34RB26DETT

Reaction score
Ram Year
07 Laramie
Engine
Unfortunately i did not start it when the muffler was off, i was also installing some moose lights behind the grille so i had the battery and stuff disconnected, so I am not sure what it would sound like.
The boiler size piece is the actual muffler, the second smaller muffler looking thing further back is just a resonator to prevent cab drone. If you just remove the resonator and dump the exhaust right after the muffler (boiler) you run the risk of having virtually the same loudness, but with the added drone that the resonator deleted.

ok. sure thing.
thanks for all the info!

Jamesq87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

I ran 33's easy on my '06 4wd.
For exhaust I just removed the muffler and threw on a thrush welded. It comes out just past my cab and idle it is quiet. Even creeping through my apartments it's ok. It's only loud at 2K+
Cost me a mere $34 or so

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I ran 33's easy on my '06 4wd.
For exhaust I just removed the muffler and threw on a thrush welded. It comes out just past my cab and idle it is quiet. Even creeping through my apartments it's ok. It's only loud at 2K+
Cost me a mere $34 or so

Stock Rims? 17s or 20s?

OP
OP
B

BNR34RB26DETT

Reaction score
Ram Year
07 Laramie
Engine
i ended up ordering myself 285 75 17's pic update will follow ;)

Jamesq87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Stock Rims? 17s or 20s?

Stock 17's. I guess I should have also said they were not legit 33" marked tires but the metric equivalent. They fit perfectly fine and i never noticed any rubbing when off-road

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ah, but you're a 2500, or mega cab, either way same thing. Pretty sure you can fit 35s on stock suspension lol

Jamesq87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ah, but you're a 2500, or mega cab, either way same thing. Pretty sure you can fit 35s on stock suspension lol

1500 but megacab. The 1500 megacab seems like the stepchild of the family.