Bilstein 5100 height adjustable

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OGsohcHondaLOVE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I was looking into some new shocks and saw that Bilstien makes a height adjustable for the front. I had planned on getting a leveling kit anyways so this seems like killing 2 birds with 1 stone! I was wondering about how the springs seat on the shock body. I see that they use adjustable clips on the body to move positions but what does the spring sit on? It doesn't show any spring cup of any sort.

Robstar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You reuse the factory spring seat. When you take your stock struts apart just hold the strut upside down and use a hammer to tap the spring seat off. Then after you get the retaining ring where you want it on the bilstein just drop the spring seat down onto the ring and then the spring fits on it just like it does factory. The stock struts actually have a retaining ring that is removeable just like the bilsteins. Except there aren't additional grooves in the strut body.