body lift/tire size questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ram'em

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi "inside"
Hey guys, so this is my second thread on here and i need some opinions! I'm thinking to do a body lift and i posted about this in an other thread a while back but i wanted to see what people think on here! My issue is that i bought my wheels/tires and i put about 3k miles on them so far and now thinking to lift it! Tires are 305/55/20 trail grappler's. I jacked up my truck 3" to get an idea what it would look like with the tires i have now and i do like it! My other option would be is to get new tires. The only way i could do that is, if i can get almost as much as i paid for them since technically they are brand new(not sure if thats possible). Tires i would consider would be trail grapplers again in a 295/60/20 which is almost 34.5" since i do like a little more fender gap! I know most of you like 35's but here is some pictures of it jacked up with the current tires and let me know what you guys think!! Also a picture of the way it sits now!! Thanks

3inchlift.jpg

3inchlift-1.jpg

stockheight1.jpg

OP
OP
Ram'em

Ram'em

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi "inside"
OK just so I understand.

You want to buy a body lift, and the tires you have, you think would be too small?

I know it probably sounds confusing,sorry! The problem is i'm not sure if they are too small i mean they look ok the way i had it jacked up! Its just that i'm kind of stuck with these tires, they're brand new!

The Assassin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well, I guess you have a few options.

1. Try to sell them, buy your body lift, and get new tires.

2. Run the tires you have till they need to be changed, and then go from there.

OP
OP
Ram'em

Ram'em

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi "inside"
Well, I guess you have a few options.

1. Try to sell them, buy your body lift, and get new tires.

2. Run the tires you have till they need to be changed, and then go from there.

Yeah well selling them would be ok as long as i get a good amount of my money back! I have a winter setup also plus my truck sits a lot so it would be a while before i get new tires. Basically i just want to know how you guys think it looks?

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
just do it. :D I think it looks good like that

Dodge504ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 magnum
the three inch body lift would look good with those tires an wen they wear out u also have the option of staying with that size or going a little bigger .. but for now it would look great with the lift

pullin48

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Those tires and wheels look perfect on there. I would maybe consider some wheel spacers to push ur tires and wheels out a little bit. Thats just my personal opinion tho. I think it will look good with a body lift!

OP
OP
Ram'em

Ram'em

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi "inside"
Thanks everyone for the opinions so far! Spacer's would be too much they stick out about 2" but because of the flares its hard to tell! I was hoping for good feedback cause these tires are pretty expensive and i was lucky enough to be able to get them, i would hate to do it over!

pullin48

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I couldnt tell from the pic how much of an offset you have. The fender flares make the offset look smaller than what it is. I think it will look damn nice with the 3" body lift. And later on down the road if you wanted to lift it more, you could put a 4" suspension lift on it. Im runnin 20" wheel with 35" Bfgoodwrench tires on mine currently. Im waiting to hear back from my friend on how much a lift is gonna cost me. My friend owns an offroad shop in KC and a bunch of lifts went on sale this week so I get em at cost. PM me your email address and ill send you some pics of my truck as it sits right now.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963