Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Dodge Truck Forums > Dodge Ram Generations Forum > 3rd Gen : 2002 - 2008 > Lifted


Lifted

Can I fit 37?


This is a discussion on Can I fit 37? within the Lifted forums, part of the 3rd Gen : 2002 - 2008 category!
The type of tyre can be instrumental...... I have a set of 37/12.50-20 Nitto Dune Grapplers off my 03 Durango ...


Like Tree1Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2016, 02:53 PM   #11 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 2

Ram Year: 2002
Engine: 5.9 Diesel
Default
The type of tyre can be instrumental......
I have a set of 37/12.50-20 Nitto Dune Grapplers off my 03 Durango that I want to fit on an 02 Duallie I'm looking at buying.
They cleared on my 6" lifted Durango because they had rounded sidewalls but there's no way I could have got aggressive MTs on there with large knobly side lugs as they would have fouled on full lock no matter what offset wheel we used.
Instead of lift I'm hoping for clearance by fitting a set of Fiberworx fenders. Have you considered changing the body ?
What about a body lift ?
I just don't want to alter the suspension after Ram spend so much developing it.


Sponsored Ad
Register to remove this ad.
RabidRhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 04:56 PM   #12 (permalink)
 
usaf2006's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Augusta, GA
Age: 27
Posts: 3,702

Ram Year: 2017
Engine: Hemi 5.7
Default
There's no way you'll be able to put 37s on a stock suspension. Fiberwerx fenders may fit them with a slight lift, but not stock.


__________________
2017 Ram Rebel / CrewCab Granite Crystal/ 2wd / Air Suspension / Nav / LineX / And much more!
Adventure Thread
Sold: 2006 RCSB 1500 / 5.7 / 4wd
usaf2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 05:16 PM   #13 (permalink)
 
Bluesmoke91's Avatar
2nd GEN Site Mod

 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Baldwin Park, California
Name: Manny
Posts: 3,159

Ram Year: 2007
Engine: Hemi 5.7
Default
Originally Posted by steermaster View Post
I have an 06 Ram 2500 cummins mega cab. I put a Rancho 4" lift on it (4 front 2 in block rear. and was told that I can fit 35 inch tires. My question is, can I drop the 2 inch "leveling" spacers in the front and fit a 37 under there in the front? and if I can do that will that raise my front end to much and give me the "cali bro lift" look? I DONT WANT THAT!! Thanks in advance!
Originally Posted by SFD213 View Post
What have you heard about it? I have a carli 3" level and am looking to 35s or 37s. Any idea on offsets and possible trimming?
I'm running 37x13.5x17 Toyo RTs on a Carli 3" kit with absolutely no rubbing anywhere, any time, in any position. You need offset control arms(carli $950, other brands available) and wheels with at least 5.75" of backspacing. I also have the full Carli rear leaf pack which I've been told is also needed to run 37s. Once I figured out I had everything needed to clear 37s(built my suspension before considering 37s), I bought the right wheels then bought my my 37s.


Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
SFD213 likes this.


__________________
07 Ram 1500 Hemi 4x4 Big Horn
Few Mods. Click my build thread.
http://www.ramforum.com/f17/bluesmok..._thread-27206/.
Bluesmoke91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 07:00 PM   #14 (permalink)
 
SFD213's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 274

Ram Year: 2004
Engine: Hemi 5.7L
Default
Originally Posted by Bluesmoke91 View Post
I'm running 37x13.5x17 Toyo RTs on a Carli 3" kit with absolutely no rubbing anywhere, any time, in any position. You need offset control arms(carli $950, other brands available) and wheels with at least 5.75" of backspacing. I also have the full Carli rear leaf pack which I've been told is also needed to run 37s. Once I figured out I had everything needed to clear 37s(built my suspension before considering 37s), I bought the right wheels then bought my my 37s.


Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk


Thank you for some hard numbers! You are a legend amongst men! Lol

Well thats a whole lotta extra work and even more money just to go an extra 2" on the tires. Might just end up going with 35s instead


__________________
"Horsepower sells cars, Torque wins races." --Carol Shelby

2004 Ram 2500HD 5.7 HEMI, S&B CAI, Cat-Back SIDO with FM50 (not pleased by that), DS InTune with custom tune, 285/70/17 Nitto TerraGrapplers, many more things to go
SFD213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 09:21 PM   #15 (permalink)
 
Bluesmoke91's Avatar
2nd GEN Site Mod

 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Baldwin Park, California
Name: Manny
Posts: 3,159

Ram Year: 2007
Engine: Hemi 5.7
Default
Originally Posted by SFD213 View Post
Thank you for some hard numbers! You are a legend amongst men! Lol

Well thats a whole lotta extra work and even more money just to go an extra 2" on the tires. Might just end up going with 35s instead
Haha no problem bud. Looks wise, I think the 37s are worth it. I've seen the same setup on 35s and it looks good but average. Something about the big tires that gives it an aggressive stance

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk


__________________
07 Ram 1500 Hemi 4x4 Big Horn
Few Mods. Click my build thread.
http://www.ramforum.com/f17/bluesmok..._thread-27206/.
Bluesmoke91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 09:28 PM   #16 (permalink)
 
SFD213's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 274

Ram Year: 2004
Engine: Hemi 5.7L
Default Can I fit 37?
Originally Posted by Bluesmoke91 View Post
Haha no problem bud. Looks wise, I think the 37s are worth it. I've seen the same setup on 35s and it looks good but average. Something about the big tires that gives it an aggressive stance

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk


I think the 37s look spectacular and its what i want, just not sure if spending that kind if money is worth it on a gasser. Same reason it isnt a full lift. Id rather spend the heavy money on a longer lasting cummins


__________________
"Horsepower sells cars, Torque wins races." --Carol Shelby

2004 Ram 2500HD 5.7 HEMI, S&B CAI, Cat-Back SIDO with FM50 (not pleased by that), DS InTune with custom tune, 285/70/17 Nitto TerraGrapplers, many more things to go
SFD213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 10:30 AM   #17 (permalink)
 
destroyaYO's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Age: 30
Posts: 51

Ram Year: 2004
Engine: 5.7L V8 Hemi
Default
Originally Posted by steermaster View Post
I have an 06 Ram 2500 cummins mega cab. I put a Rancho 4" lift on it (4 front 2 in block rear. and was told that I can fit 35 inch tires. My question is, can I drop the 2 inch "leveling" spacers in the front and fit a 37 under there in the front? and if I can do that will that raise my front end to much and give me the "cali bro lift" look? I DONT WANT THAT!! Thanks in advance!


Got any photos of what a cali bro lift is?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
destroyaYO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 10:34 AM   #18 (permalink)
 
Lil_Ram's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,118

Ram Year: 2003
Engine: Power tech 3.7L
Default Can I fit 37?
Here it is we call it bulldogging here high in the front low in the back


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


__________________
3.7l
35s on 18
7in lift
CAI
Lil_Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 10:49 AM   #19 (permalink)
 
SFD213's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 274

Ram Year: 2004
Engine: Hemi 5.7L
Default
Shitloads of nose lift at speeds which is just a fast track to st peter


__________________
"Horsepower sells cars, Torque wins races." --Carol Shelby

2004 Ram 2500HD 5.7 HEMI, S&B CAI, Cat-Back SIDO with FM50 (not pleased by that), DS InTune with custom tune, 285/70/17 Nitto TerraGrapplers, many more things to go
SFD213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


<




GM Truck Forum
Ford Raptor Forum
Chevy Tahoe Forum
Chevy Cobalt Forum
Chevy Camaro Forum
Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Ford Truck Forum
88-98 GM Truck Forum
73-87 Gm Truck Forum
Ford Expedition Forum
Chevy Equinox Forum
Chevy Cruze Forum
Jeep Liberty Forum
Jeep Forum
Dodge Ram SRT10 Forum
Chrysler 200 Forum
Scion xD Forum
Scion xB Forum
Dodge Challenger Forum
SRT Forum
Nissan Titan Forum
Buick Enclave Forum
Cadillac Forum
Cadillac XTS Forum