Can I reuse lower ball joint???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EWC88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Couple years ago the truck needed new ball joins and outer tie rod ends, so I replaced them all with MOOG. Well I am going be installing my Maxtac spindle lift in 2 weeks, and I was wondering would I be able to reuse the lower ball joints? The upper comes out easy and so does tie rod end (just bang the outside of spindle and it pops out) but the lower ball joint you press in. So I wasn't sure if since you press it in, that when you take it back out its useless. Any help I appreciate!

xtremewlr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
You are just talking about where it installs into the spindle, right? You should totally be able to reuse the lower ball joint since you are not uninstalling it from the lower control arm. It should pop out of the spindle just like the upper one does.

OP
OP
E

EWC88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yea the lower ball joint is its seperate ball joint, not like the upper which is attached to the control arm. For the lower ball joint to be removed and put back in you need a ball joint press (rent from autozone) to remove or put it in.

xtremewlr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Yea the lower ball joint is its seperate ball joint, not like the upper which is attached to the control arm. For the lower ball joint to be removed and put back in you need a ball joint press (rent from autozone) to remove or put it in.

That's only if you are replacing the ball joint in the control arm. It attaches to the lower part of the spindle the same way the upper does so there is no need to remove the ball joint.