Caster Camber

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JAMMAN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Today I put some bigger tires on, a year ago or so I did a poor mans front lift, cranking torsion bars and gained about 1 and 1/2 inches in the front.

Had it aligned, they said there is no way to adjust the caster/camber because I needed "cam bolts" which I probably should have installed when I did the upper arms/ lower ball joints. It was close to dead equal on both sides and wasn't far enough out to cause major concern but it still bugs me, like an OCD thing you can't feel it but know it is there.

Has anyone else installed these "cam bolts" and do they work right, is there several different kinds I should avoid? Thanks- Jim

cavogorman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I ordered mine from Rock Auto and they work perfectly fine. Or you can go to your local dodge dealer and have them order them.

OP
OP
JAMMAN

JAMMAN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cool thanks. I've had rock auto bookmarked for a while but I'm afraid to order from them after a friend of mine received some questionable looking brake rotors for his car. He installed them and they work fine they just looked like they were unearthed from a barn or something.

I'll check later this morning,thanks again.

Lil_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Power tech 3.7L
I am curious cause I need to gain some negative camber too but what does the bolts due in question?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tyy1907

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 magnum
On my 03 4x4 all you do is adjust upper control arm with slotted holes in the frame. :wtf2:
Did you get a print out of your alignment specs? If you're still within spec I wouldn't sweat it. I've replaced upper control arms 3 times through the years and finally got an alignment check done after all that and just by eying up the slots I was still within spec. Course there's a spec "range" that alignment shops give themselves. Perhaps different at some shops?

OP
OP
JAMMAN

JAMMAN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Upper arms were replaced. Holes were not slotted in mine. Maybe the corrected the oversight in the 03.