Clear 37s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
I will move this to the correct section , dont know why it was in the BTC . but back to topic .....

on a 1500 4x4 . thats a negative .

plus your truck has a IFS suspension , not good for anything much over 35"s.

its not the bumper so much as the rear of the wheel wells . and you dont want to cut them .

Be safe go 35's but then again with just a level you may rub also and its going to look cramped up .

And welcome to RF , enjoy .

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
^^^ what he said...you would never fit 37's

Marx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L, 345 ci MDS
35x12.5 is about the biggest tire your gonna get on a 1500 with a level and have no (if your lucky) but usually very little rubbing.
i've done alot of research on this and hopefully i can get them on before winter

DisturbedGator

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
your truck a 06+? if so ive heard its a lil harder for the 1500s to clear than the torsion trucks. i have 35s on my truck and have good clearance, some dont like the stuffed look but to each their own. i have aftermarket wheels with 4.5 backspacing and i have around an inch of clearance to upper control arm with 12.5 wide tires.

johnnysart

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
your truck a 06+? if so ive heard its a lil harder for the 1500s to clear than the torsion trucks. i have 35s on my truck and have good clearance, some dont like the stuffed look but to each their own. i have aftermarket wheels with 4.5 backspacing and i have around an inch of clearance to upper control arm with 12.5 wide tires.

Are you just leveled or do you also have a lift?

LoadedLaramie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
and gears and stock in ball joints

37's are for SFA trucks like mine

a few weeks ago there was a 23,000 lb lift stuck in soft gravel and a guy i work with tried pulling it out with his 2500 mega hemi and snapped sometihng on his front end. so they asked if i would give it a try and after i pulled his truck out of the way my truck walked that big sucker right out of the hole it was in.

and that mega had stock tires. SFA's arent that much stronger than IFS. the weak point is the CV's. thats why chevy 3500's are IFS now. of coarse i guess it does help that i rebuilt my CV's a few weeks ago. :naughty:

as for the 37" question. i had 35"s on mine with only a level. and they rubbed when seriously offroading. now i have a 3" BL too and flares and 37's wont fit ONLY because of my flares. ive test fitted them already and they were rubbing my flares infront of where i had already trimmed my fender liners a bit. so once my tires go out im going to trim my flares to match my liners and run 37" AT's. so yes they will fit. but NOT with only a level. and i dont plan on wheeling my truck much more so im not worried about to much offroad rubbing.

and on another note. yes gears are on my list now. im gonna put 4.56 air lockers front and rear.

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
I'm grabbing 35's the first chance I get.

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
i traded my 37's for 35's a few months back . i liked the 37's for looks but the 35's i have plenty flex and they are cheaper

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
yup , traded tire for tire and some cash . took the cash and put in the truck anyway lol.

but the 35's ride better IMO and i can get total flex with 35's
37's would rub during the slightest flex . and being that i use my truck off road 90% of the time it was a no brainier for me .