Cloud's truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cwboyjohnny24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So, my buddy Cloud who will be joining us in a day or so is not happy with his level as stated on another forum. He is meeting with someone as I post this about putting an air bag lift on his 2wd truck. I'm very interested in what is gonna happen and he will post up his findings soon. He asked me to start a thread to find out what others think about this. To be honest I'm just wondering about cost. What do you 2wd guys think about this???? I'd love an economical air bag lift for sure.

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
what year truck ??

OP
OP
cwboyjohnny24

cwboyjohnny24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2008. Thanks RH. You the man. I thought you were older than I see you are. lol

cloud

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for posting cowboy!! I talked to the guy last night and he will call me with pricing and things hopefully today. He said that what he is going to do is take out the shock and springs from the front and put in air bags where the shock and spring are located. He is going to weld two flat peices of steel on the arms and make a flat surface to place the bags on. For the back he is going to take out the leaf springs and put two more steel plates back there to set the air bags on. He can make it with switches in the truck that will allow me to air up the truck up and down (his truck does this and its awesome) or he can put in bags that stay at a certain ride height. I am thinking I am going to do a 2" minimum and a 10" maximum ride height. He will put in air tanks, lines, and the bags and then switches inside of the truck. He said it will cost around 1000.00 all together but like I said he will call with a price hopefully today. He sits up so high he looks down at big rigs. I drove my truck under his truck. It was freaking awesome!!!

RubberFrog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sounds pretty cool. I'd love to see how they keep the rear axle in place.

OP
OP
cwboyjohnny24

cwboyjohnny24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sounds pretty cool. I'd love to see how they keep the rear axle in place.

That's what I was wondering. Gotta have some kind of 4 link setup or something???? I'm really wanting to see what happens here. For $1000 +/- that's actually VERY cheap for an install of a bag system.

Does he have a shop or is he doing this out of his garage?

cloud

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I forgot to add that he will build brackets that bolt onto the axel and then attach to the frame to keep everything in place. He will also put in a linking system the back. The air bags move the truck up and down and the bracket arms move with the air bags. Sorry, forgot about that part. lol

Last edited:

cloud

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
He owns a shop here in town. he is a airbagit rep and gets the stuff for pretty cheap.

BEAR

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Ram 1500 HEMI 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for posting cowboy!! I talked to the guy last night and he will call me with pricing and things hopefully today. He said that what he is going to do is take out the shock and springs from the front and put in air bags where the shock and spring are located. He is going to weld two flat peices of steel on the arms and make a flat surface to place the bags on. For the back he is going to take out the leaf springs and put two more steel plates back there to set the air bags on. He can make it with switches in the truck that will allow me to air up the truck up and down (his truck does this and its awesome) or he can put in bags that stay at a certain ride height. I am thinking I am going to do a 2" minimum and a 10" maximum ride height. He will put in air tanks, lines, and the bags and then switches inside of the truck. He said it will cost around 1000.00 all together but like I said he will call with a price hopefully today. He sits up so high he looks down at big rigs. I drove my truck under his truck. It was freaking awesome!!!
Would love to see a pic of that...

cloud

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I got a new freaking phone yesterday and i had not set it all up yet to record a video. I have a pic on my phone but I need to get it downloaded and I will post it. It is sick.

OP
OP
cwboyjohnny24

cwboyjohnny24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Please do man. I wanna know the results from all of this. That would definitely be one of the best custom setups I'll probably see.

matt99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
yea Im super interested in this....hurry up with that video, and 1k is cheap for an airbag system

cloud

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok so I got a lot more info yesterday. To have the best system that can be put in with all the bells and whisles will be 2000.00. That is with a 4 link for the rear, 1/2" hoses, valves, the whole bit that I can adjust with the switches in the truck. For 1300.00 I can get a bagged with a 2.5" minimum and a 10" maximun but I would have to manually air up the bags myself if I wanted to move up and down on ride height. I am leaning toward the 2000.00 set up just cause I do not want to have to mess with it all the time.

Now with that being said, who has experience with air bag systems. I have a few concerns and wanted some opinions. This is my daily driver and I will keep it for a long time, what kind of damage can this do to my truck if any? He said none. With him taking out all of my springs and leafs and all that good stuff, how long will these bags last? Do they easily pop? Can I take a 500 mile trip and not be worried about anything happening? He says everything will be fine. He also said that if something comes up and hits one of the bags or lines or something like that then they can pop the bag and I will have to try and patch it up until I can replace the bag. Does anyone know how hard it is to pop one of these bags? I am very excited but I want to make sure I have as much info as possible. I had to learn the hard way with a level kit that I still am not happy with. Thanks.

OP
OP
cwboyjohnny24

cwboyjohnny24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
it won't hurt your truck at all. You're ride will probably be better thanb factory. I'd say go for it!!!!!!!! If it works out i may see if i can make it out there and have the same thing done to mine. Those bags are really resiliant and won't break easily. Check out Kelderman air ride. They have been doing that to heavy dudy trucks for a long time. Also you tube kelderman air ride and you'll see the trucks that have that done. You'll see that they off road them with no problems. I thought he would have to do a 4 link on the back. Nice setup if you can have it done. I say go for it!!!!!!!!

cloud

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for the post cowboy. yeah, I talked to him about an hour ago and we made the order. I am freaking pumped and can not wait. he said it will take a little while but I have more time than money so I said go for it!!!!!