Expected time to install a body lift??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pullin48

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well I got my PA body lift ready to install on my 05 ram 4x4. I have two of my buddies who have a lot more experience than I do in installing lifts coming to help me on saturday. I am also installing my 2" level and shock relocators as well. I am thinking about have the offroad shop install the torsion keys and wheelspacers today so we have more time to install the body lift on saturday and sunday. Do you all think that is a wise decision or do you think we can get it all installed on saturday and sunday???

BEAR

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Ram 1500 HEMI 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well I got my PA body lift ready to install on my 05 ram 4x4. I have two of my buddies who have a lot more experience than I do in installing lifts coming to help me on saturday. I am also installing my 2" level and shock relocators as well. I am thinking about have the offroad shop install the torsion keys and wheelspacers today so we have more time to install the body lift on saturday and sunday. Do you all think that is a wise decision or do you think we can get it all installed on saturday and sunday???

depending on how mechanically inclined you and your buddies are you should be able to do it all in 2 days. Good luck!

OP
OP
P

pullin48

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sweet! Just recruited another buddy! he has done 3 body lifts on his jeeps and trucks. My other friend put a body lift on a nissan titan, and the 3rd friend did a body lift on his jeep. So between the 4 of us, I think we can get er knocked out.

RubberFrog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Two days is very realistic, but if you're buddies are good maybe you could knock it out on a long saturday.

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
George has a DIY video in the DIY section , worth a look

Hammer_Z71

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yep, a good weekend project. I've done three on my previous trucks, always had help and never got close to doing it in a single day. It's a good 12-14 hour project, for me anyway...

OP
OP
P

pullin48

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
UPDATE! Well everything was going perfect and fast until we got to the spare tire removal. The previous owner had put an aftermarket lock on the spare tire. I went to dodge dealership to find a universal key and no luck. So we had to get the plug outta the spare tire bracket and weld a nut on the end of it so we could get a ratchet on it to crrank the spare out. Everything else went well, its just time consuming due to all the stuff you gotta relocate and move. All we have to do tomorrow is mount the bumpers and its done. It should be done early afternoon. The wife wants me to do some yard work in the morning so that comes first I guess. :killer: THe steering column was pretty easy. The front passenger side bed bolts were a ***** just because its hard getting the impact up in there and when you put a bunch of extensions on there the impact loses its punch. Airtools are uuuuumazing!

RubberFrog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A body lift is pretty much a thousand little tasks.

OP
OP
P

pullin48

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yes it is Frog! We wouldve been done yesterday if it wouldnt have been for the spare tire lock. I will post pics this afternoon. Im going to wait till next weekend to do the 2-3" torsion keys. My torsion keys now are stock keys cranked. Im 1" low in the front end. Im gonna try and get the wheelspacers put on today as well.

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
Come on cal pics

OP
OP
P

pullin48

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just finished everything up. Its 9:30 in the evening. I will get pics first thing in the morning. I do need to get the gap guards for sure. Overall thoughts on the PA body lift, I give it an 8. The trimming for the front bumper sucked and just all the little tidbits that ya had to do. It was very time consuming. If anyone ever says you can get one done in a day, they are feeding ya a line of nonsense. Airtools sped the process up substantially. We did it in my buddy's garage and to get it out, we had to let the air outta the tires and back it out really slow. Im not sure if Ill need to level the front out anymore or not. Its dark out and I cant hardly see. Pics will be posted in the morning everyone.

RubberFrog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just finished everything up. Its 9:30 in the evening. I will get pics first thing in the morning. I do need to get the gap guards for sure. Overall thoughts on the PA body lift, I give it an 8. The trimming for the front bumper sucked and just all the little tidbits that ya had to do. It was very time consuming. If anyone ever says you can get one done in a day, they are feeding ya a line of nonsense. Airtools sped the process up substantially. We did it in my buddy's garage and to get it out, we had to let the air outta the tires and back it out really slow. Im not sure if Ill need to level the front out anymore or not. Its dark out and I cant hardly see. Pics will be posted in the morning everyone.

lol

I've been saying that for years, but every now and then someone comes along and claims they pulled it off. I suppose they could have started at 4 am and finished at midnight....

As far as gap guards, they look terrible. Go with a set of mopar wheel well liners. They look MUCH better.

Before-

liner1.jpg

After-

liner2.jpg

Hammer_Z71

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A body lift is pretty much a thousand little tasks.

That is probably the most accurate description of installing a body lift I've ever heard and I agree on the mopar well liners. If you are gonna spend money on the gap guards, then just go and get you a rubber mat. I used one on my '98 Ram, cut to size and held in with pop rivets and some zip ties and at $20 it looked no different than the hundred dollar liners. The Mopar ones really do give it a nice, factory look...

Last edited: