frankensteining ram 1500 control arms

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

glram04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Recently offroading I snapped my spindle in half and busted lower control arm by the ball joint among other things and am wanting to get it stronger then before. I have a 2004 ram 1500 with BDS non torsion drop lift kit. I have two questions regarding control arms between generations.

With my upper it is making it hard to get proper castor/camber with my torsion bar up as it is, besides which my cv axle is still at a good angle. The question is as I can't find any upgrades besides lowering upper control arms for my year are the upper control arms a different length or dimensions between 02-05 and 09? the bolt sizes and ball joint size look the same so I don't see why not and if 09 I can get a tubular upper with uniball style ball joint.

Second is to do with my lower control arm are the dimensions of the lower different between my year and a 09 ram 1500 because they seem significantly stronger. Because I have a non torsion drop lift I don't need the spot for my torsion bar as it goes into a bracket that bolts ontop of the lower control arm and a shock bracket is easy to attach. The sway bar link is roughly in the same spot as well.

Down the road look at having a custom spindle made. I'm not interested in a straight axle swap.

OP
OP
glram04

glram04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I did look at that company too but it says for 2wd would it be any different then the 4wd upper control arm? most that are for my year seem to all be about 2wd lifted or lowering, only reason been looking at other years.