Here Goes, Be Easy On Me

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CAROLINA BAREFOOT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I posted in another thread that I bought some parts and they're sitting at the house. I figure since everyone here is talking about their mods, I'll tell you what I have in the garrage waiting to be installed.

1. Rancho Quick-Lift 2.5" leveling kit
2. 35x12.50 R20 ProComp X-Treme All Terrain's (factory blemished which shouldn't matter because I will be mounting them with white letters in)
3. 4 Hella 500's which will be mounted behind the grill, however yall do that
4. 2 marine grade togle switches (more astetically appealing than the switches that come with the lights)
5. A pair of N-Fab steps (frame mount, not body...I hope)

Now, here's the home grown mods I plan:

1. I saw a DIY on painting head lights. Going to give that a shot.
2. LED instrument panel in blue (yes my truck is blue)
3. CB!

The CB is probably one of the biggest headaches. I had it mounted on the X-msn hump in my F-250, but it didn't look right when I mocked it up in the Dodge. People on the other thread have suggested under the seat and, again, on the hump. While all appreciated suggestions, I am going to try to mount it in the glove box, which is only occupied by a Glock 21. Don't even ask about an antenna haha. I have no clue where it will go. I thought about another 102" in the center of the tol box, but I have plenty of time to figure that out.

Take it easy on me. And if you see something fatally flawed with my parts selection, save me some time and money and don't hesitate to let me know. My wonderful wife can always send some stuff back.

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
That's a pretty good list you got goin there! I would be goin crazy wantin to put it all on!

OP
OP
CAROLINA BAREFOOT

CAROLINA BAREFOOT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You're telling me, the minute I get back to Texas, my truck will transform. The only wish I have is that the HEMI could handle more than 8 lbs of boost. A Kenne Bell would be nice to add to that list :evillol:

OP
OP
CAROLINA BAREFOOT

CAROLINA BAREFOOT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well, bummer. Congress hasn't decided on a budget for the Dpeartment of Defence yet, so on 17 Mar 2011, it looks like a lot of soldiers may get the infamous "NO PAY DUE" notice (I have only gotten one in seven years). Here's the real downer, in anticipation of that, I talked to the wonderful staff at 4wheelparts and they agreed to take a return of the N-fab steps, and ProComp X-treme A/T's. Thats a good chunk of change! Thank God I hadn't installed them yet.

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
Here is a pick of how I mounted my CB , hope it helps

CB009.jpg

OP
OP
CAROLINA BAREFOOT

CAROLINA BAREFOOT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mr. Assassin, my truck is a 2007 1500 QC Thunder Road 4x4.

And, Mr. Ramhunter, I like the way you mounted that CB. Did you have a hard time wiring it? The antenna cable is my main concern.

The Assassin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mr Assassin eh? Geez..make me feel old. Anywho, I might be getting rid of my Go Rhino Dominator II steps if you would be interested. Same design/mount as the N Fabs. Mine are painted inferno red.