I want to lift my truck! Help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hunter9878

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So i just bought a 2005 Ram 1500 2wd with 265/70 17's! My dad and grandpa are big into lowering trucks and have no idea about anything thats has to do with lifting them! I really want to put a 3 inch lift kit but dont know how to go about doing it! Can someone help me with like what brand i should look at and how to know if its the right one for my truck! Im not looking to do any crazy mudding just some trail riding and a bit of mud! to get to the trails theres a river about 3 feet deep at its highest and thats the deepest id be going through water or mud! I also need new shocks but have no idea where to start looking for a good set of front and rear shocks for something like this! Any help will be appreciated! Thanks yall and have a good day!

derekp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
1990 5.9 Cummins
So i just bought a 2005 Ram 1500 2wd with 265/70 17's! My dad and grandpa are big into lowering trucks and have no idea about anything thats has to do with lifting them! I really want to put a 3 inch lift kit but dont know how to go about doing it! Can someone help me with like what brand i should look at and how to know if its the right one for my truck! Im not looking to do any crazy mudding just some trail riding and a bit of mud! to get to the trails theres a river about 3 feet deep at its highest and thats the deepest id be going through water or mud! I also need new shocks but have no idea where to start looking for a good set of front and rear shocks for something like this! Any help will be appreciated! Thanks yall and have a good day!

I have an 07 2wd and I went with a maxtrac 7" suspension lift with bilstein shocks. I love my lift and it sits high enough for me to clear most things. Rides super smooth as well. You can see it in my albums. The lift comes in a 4.5" and a 7" kit.