Leaf and coils

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigtigga84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Coils are a bit of a pain. Gotta knock the upper ball joint out to get em out. Leaves you just support the frame with jack stands and get the weight right with a jack to unbolt everything and it not be dangerous. Have done both. Once you get the u bolts off the rear just unbolt the springs. I'd suggest pulling the tires so they not in the way

Last edited:

bigtigga84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not unless you damage them. Didn't replace mine when I installed the bilsteins and they are still fine. Wouldn't hurt to do it while you already have it apart. But I haven't had a problem with mine and it's been almost a year and almost 30k since I did it

OP
OP
The Assassin

The Assassin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hmm...I haven't been able to find the upper ball joints alone, just as part of the UCA's. But, I need to replace both the upper and lower ball joints.

bigtigga84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ours are one piece if they are factory. They make serviceable replacements that once you change the UCA you can just change the ball joints, but stockers..... not so much

bigtigga84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7