leveling didn't actually level.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stev0n

Reaction score
Ram Year
2002, 2007
Engine
4.7, 4.7 flex fuel
i have an 02 1500 QC 4x4.
Couldn't seem to find an answer in search, but i cranked the T-bars 6 & 1/2 turns (there doesn't seem to be enough threads on the bolts to go more than another 3/4 turn at most. After letting the suspension settle a couple of days, the front end is still over an inch lower than the rear.

It's irritating to me as I will be OCD about it now. How can I bring the front end up enough to actually level it?
Will longer shocks on the stiffest setting accomplish this?

I'm looking for options that don't break my bank. I'm not planning on lifting my truck, just want it to sit level - but it's annoying coming from a Jeep XJ where $100 for some dakota leaf springs & F150 coils gives you nearly 4" lift. To the ram where some of the lift kits cost more than my truck did...

NWRQC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Usually there is enough range with the stock keys to get it level. Something doesn't seem right, 6 1/2 turns seems like a lot. If everything is in good shape then you might need to buy aftermarket keys to gain a little more range.
Shocks won't lift a vehicle.

OP
OP
stev0n

stev0n

Reaction score
Ram Year
2002, 2007
Engine
4.7, 4.7 flex fuel
Usually there is enough range with the stock keys to get it level. Something doesn't seem right, 6 1/2 turns seems like a lot. If everything is in good shape then you might need to buy aftermarket keys to gain a little more range.
Shocks won't lift a vehicle.

Well crap, I was hoping there would be something like the bilstein 5100 shocks that give 2" of lift to the 06-08's for my body style.

So can I install a set of new keys AND crank up the bolts to get it level?

jwheeler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There are aftermarket keys that are supposed to do the trick if the stock ones don't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jwheeler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Still have the xj? I sold mine to get my ram. I miss it.

NWRQC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Well crap, I was hoping there would be something like the bilstein 5100 shocks that give 2" of lift to the 06-08's for my body style.

So can I install a set of new keys AND crank up the bolts to get it level?

5100's adjust the ride height by raising the positing of the coil spring perch on the shock body. You don't have coil springs.
If all else checks out ok with the suspension then new keys might be the answer. Aftermarket keys are indexed to provide more lift (although they are marketed as a "leveling" kit that will maintain the factory ride which is physically impossible) You should be able to get another inch or so over the stock keys.

Treeshark

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Ram 1500 ST 4x4
Engine
4.7 Magnum V8
There are aftermarket keys that are supposed to do the trick if the stock ones don't.

Readylift makes a 2" leveling kit for $99. Has the keys.