leveling kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

copenhagen17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I was wondering if I can fit 35s with only a leveling kit

derekp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
1990 5.9 Cummins
Is your truck a 4x4? If yes, then yes. If it is a 2 wheel drive, they will not fit even with a leveling kit. 33s are the biggest you could go without rubbing too bad. I have a 2 wheel drive and it took 2 and a half inches to get it level. I think the 4x4 is around the same but they start out sitting an inch or two higher anyway.

grizzly_

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4,7 V8
Hi there, im new here and have a question about these leveling kits:
I have a 2005 2wd and looking for a leveling kit because thats the cheapest way i found to lift the truck. I just want to lift for better looking. I found a kit with 3" front and 2" rear, but i read that there could be problems with the suspension above 2" with stock shocks. Are these problems only starts with offroad driving? What is the maximum height without changing shocks too?

Thank you so much!

NWRQC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Hi there, im new here and have a question about these leveling kits:
I have a 2005 2wd and looking for a leveling kit because thats the cheapest way i found to lift the truck. I just want to lift for better looking. I found a kit with 3" front and 2" rear, but i read that there could be problems with the suspension above 2" with stock shocks. Are these problems only starts with offroad driving? What is the maximum height without changing shocks too?

Thank you so much!

Its best to replace the shocks when you lift/lower your vehicle to match the height change.
I wouldn't go 3" on stock shocks. A question you need to answer is, how much shock travel do you at stock height? Say your have 8" (4 up/4 down) before bottoming out or over extending. You raise the front 3", that leaves you only 1" before you're over extended.

grizzly_

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4,7 V8
Thank you!
I bought a Kit with 3" on the front with new shocks and 1.5" on the rear for leveling. I measured a difference from about 1" front-rear and added 0.5" just for safety that the truck is not front high with little bit of loading.
How Long should I plan for installing front and rear?