Leveling Kit Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crescent1101

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L ECODIESEL
So I finally get motivated to install my Hell Bent Steel Leveling Kit. I get pretty much everything apart except the lower shock mount bolt. I think the bolt is bent since I got the nut off. Any ideas on how to get this thing out? I am thinking of going to buy a heavier hammer. I think as a last resort I could cut the bottom shock mount but I really don't want to do that.

Also, should I get a OEM replacement bolt or something better quality?

caps

Reaction score
Ram Year
2006 Thunder Road
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'd get a heavy dead blow hammer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xb1230

Hobby Mechanic
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
BFH should do the trick. If you have access to a zip gun it may help free the bolt out of its position even if it is bent a little.

Not sure you need an OEM bolt, your local Auto Parts store should be able to provide a correct replacement at a much lower cost.

Good luck

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yours must be frozen in the bushing. Mine on drivers side was slightly bent and a 2lb rubber mallet got it out. Mine was there since factory install, 105k miles ago. Soak it in whatever you prefer, wd40 etc. For a few days, might help.

OP
OP
Crescent1101

Crescent1101

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L ECODIESEL
Thanks guys. Want is a zipgun? I'm going to power wash everything and then coat it in liquid wrench

Prospect62

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How'd the install go? Did you get it in? Results? Are you happy?

I'm looking at the same kit.