Lift kit and level stack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's not recommended. Maybe you could use 2500 springs for maybe an inch of lift? I'm not sure they'll fit tho.

Some people stack lift kits with Bilstein adjustable shocks, but those are 4wd only.

Marciel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
7" is already to much, your just going to mess up all the geometry, wear out parts and it will ride like ****. I'd buy a quality 2" body lift and go up that way.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted
Is it possible to stack a 2-3" coil spacer on this 7" maxtrac lift kit with the 2.5" front lift coils?

MAXPRO 02-08 RAM 1500 2WD 5 LUG 7" / 4" LIFT KIT W/ BILSTEIN SHOCKS (4.7 V8)

I'm wanting to lift my truck as high as possible with just a bolt on kit and without doing a body lift or major fabrication (sas)

You can. But it isn't necessarily as simple as just adding the 2-3" coil spacers. You'll want longer shocks than what come with the kit for that much lift height as well so you'll need to source those. Longer brake lines may be required as well. Then be prepared to mess around with things once you do get it together because there are other potential issues that may come up. Essentially once you lift a truck that high and beyond what the kit is originally built for you need to be prepared to spend money and mess around to get things right.

7" is already to much, your just going to mess up all the geometry, wear out parts and it will ride like ****. I'd buy a quality 2" body lift and go up that way.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

A full lift kit corrects the geometry, not messes it up. They don't wear out parts that much faster or ride like **** if they're done right. Suspension lifts are always a better option than body lifts unless there's no other option.

Marciel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
In my opinion a 7" lift on an ifs ram is to much. I have a 6" fabtech and all the geometry is about perfect. I wouldn't want to put my half shafts at any steeper of an angle.

Sent from my VS835 using Tapatalk

derekp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
1990 5.9 Cummins
In my opinion a 7" lift on an ifs ram is to much. I have a 6" fabtech and all the geometry is about perfect. I wouldn't want to put my half shafts at any steeper of an angle.

The maxtrac kit is a 2wd kit, the geometry is fine on mine with the 7". I'm not sure on adding the spacers though.

Marciel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Oh I misunderstood lol. Carry on.