Lift Recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4XLGATOR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
A few months ago I got new wheels and tires (35") and a 2" leveling kit. The tires rub on the rear black plastic inside the front fender, at not quite full turn. The tires stick out so I bought bushwhacker pocket flares while on sale. I recently found a guy to paint (color-matched) the flares for a $100 so I had them painted (they look great by the way). But, I don't want to install them because of the rubbing. So, I am thinking of removing the 2" leveling kit and installing a lift, maybe 3" or 4".

Any recommendations for a lift? My truck is a 3500 4x4.

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Hit up our vendor here performance lifts if they dont see the thread. They have a pro comp rebate that just started that looks good.

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
Good to see you back first of all .

Your truck suspension is identical to mine minus a spring pack so I think i can help you out .
I am running a 6" suspension lift and 35x12.50's I have plenty flex and 0 rub . I can go up to a 38' tire .
I take it you want to keep the 35's and match a lift just to clear them . I would recommend getting a larger coil spring for the front , and add a leaf or block for the back .
To just clear 35's and make it look nice I would do a 4 inch coil spring on the front and a 3 inch block in the rear .
Or you can go extremely cheap and buy the steal coil spacers and blocks . But you have to drop the OEM springs anyway why not just replace the spring .

I got bits and pieces of my lift from different suppliers so I cant really tell you what kit to go with as I kinda did a build your own with all the good parts from a few places .
But I would look at topgunz customs that is where I got my 6" coil springs they have progressive rate ones ... hard to find .

And keep in mind anything over 3" in lift you will need a kit that has drop pitman arm , new end links , relocation bracket for sway bar , upper and lower control arms and some time . I do my own mods and it took me and a buddy 2 days because of illinois salty roads .. be prepared to cut some bolts .

Also one last thing when you remove the level and throw on the 3-4 " you are only going to net 1-2 " . For the price of a 3-4 " kit just buy a 6" and forget it . That way when your ready to move up to 37's you can . And I recommend Blistien shock at all 4 corners and get there steering stabilizer ... i love mine

Total price for a true suspension lift 6" like mine will run you $1300 and you will love it .
Price with just coil spacers and blocks in a 3" would be $300 .

It is way more cheaper to lift SFA trucks than it is a IFS .

Boo Radley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD 5.9
RCD 5" kit, great kit, easy installation. Comes with everything you need right down to four Bilstein 5100 shocks and progressive rate springs.

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
Also you will need a shim kit for your 2 piece axle . Forgot to mention that . I just picked up a shim kit from rough country . Cant really **** up steal plates . This is a must or you will have vibrations under acceleration . It keeps the **** in line .

OP
OP

4XLGATOR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Hit up our vendor here performance lifts if they dont see the thread. They have a pro comp rebate that just started that looks good.

I sent him a PM a few days ago but haven't received a response. I guess maybe I should've posted on his page, IDK.

OP
OP

4XLGATOR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Also you will need a shim kit for your 2 piece axle . Forgot to mention that . I just picked up a shim kit from rough country . Cant really **** up steal plates . This is a must or you will have vibrations under acceleration . It keeps the **** in line .

Good to see you back first of all .

Your truck suspension is identical to mine minus a spring pack so I think i can help you out .
I am running a 6" suspension lift and 35x12.50's I have plenty flex and 0 rub . I can go up to a 38' tire .
I take it you want to keep the 35's and match a lift just to clear them . I would recommend getting a larger coil spring for the front , and add a leaf or block for the back .
To just clear 35's and make it look nice I would do a 4 inch coil spring on the front and a 3 inch block in the rear .
Or you can go extremely cheap and buy the steal coil spacers and blocks . But you have to drop the OEM springs anyway why not just replace the spring .

I got bits and pieces of my lift from different suppliers so I cant really tell you what kit to go with as I kinda did a build your own with all the good parts from a few places .
But I would look at topgunz customs that is where I got my 6" coil springs they have progressive rate ones ... hard to find .

And keep in mind anything over 3" in lift you will need a kit that has drop pitman arm , new end links , relocation bracket for sway bar , upper and lower control arms and some time . I do my own mods and it took me and a buddy 2 days because of illinois salty roads .. be prepared to cut some bolts .

Also one last thing when you remove the level and throw on the 3-4 " you are only going to net 1-2 " . For the price of a 3-4 " kit just buy a 6" and forget it . That way when your ready to move up to 37's you can . And I recommend Blistien shock at all 4 corners and get there steering stabilizer ... i love mine

Total price for a true suspension lift 6" like mine will run you $1300 and you will love it .
Price with just coil spacers and blocks in a 3" would be $300 .

It is way more cheaper to lift SFA trucks than it is a IFS .

Great info RH. I was hoping you would chime in because I knew you had the answers. I would love a 6" lift and 37's and that ol' girl would look great, but right now I still have that damn 35' 5th wheel RV from the divorce. It's only three years old and I can only sell it for about 1/2 of what is owed. So, I'm kinda stuck with it, but still working on options to get rid of it. That being said, I still need to be able to pull it and I don't think that is going to happen with a 6" lift. I think a 3" or so will still be ok for the RV.

So, more decisions to make. Good news is I just got my year end bonus so I want to do this a good, solid/right way because I don't want to have issues down the road. And, I don't really want to sacrifice the ride too much, for a 1-ton 4x4 truck my truck rides really well.

You mentioned that 3 or 4" of lift only giving me an extra 1 or 2" inches of height, it's still more than the 2" leveling spacer, right?

The help and info is greatly appreciated.

OP
OP

4XLGATOR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
RCD 5" kit, great kit, easy installation. Comes with everything you need right down to four Bilstein 5100 shocks and progressive rate springs.

I'll check it out. Thanks much.

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
Yes , basicly you have a 2" level on now .. you replace that with a 3" lift you are gaining 1" more in height than you are now . 2" more with a 4" lift from what you have now .

But like I said for a few hundred more the 6" lift would be best . If i were you I would get the 6" lift and hold it till the camper is sold .

Hemiguy0302

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.2 Boss
OP
OP

4XLGATOR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
BD Power - Product: Steering Box Stabilizer

BD Power - Product: Adjustable Track Bar Kits

The first one is a must trust me and RH on that you just have to have it. The second one I have and it really firmed up steering response as well but then again I have a pile of miles on my truck so the stocker was a bit worn. Oh yeah and Canadian made too.

I need to start making a shopping list for this. Thanks.

Yes , basicly you have a 2" level on now .. you replace that with a 3" lift you are gaining 1" more in height than you are now . 2" more with a 4" lift from what you have now .

But like I said for a few hundred more the 6" lift would be best . If i were you I would get the 6" lift and hold it till the camper is sold .

Thanks again bud, she would look badass with a 6" lift. You know anything about, or have an opinion on the ProComp kit that has the $400 rebate until the end of the year?

WIMopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L
Has anyone ever used or know someone who used a BDS lift? I'm looking at one for my 2002 1/2 ton and I don't want to spend the money if the lift is ****.

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
I had a BDS on my 99 ram 1500 ... STAY AWAY !!! RUSTED AFTER 1 YEAR . ****** components IMO and experiences

oh and welcome to RF WImopar

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
I need to start making a shopping list for this. Thanks.

Thanks again bud, she would look badass with a 6" lift. You know anything about, or have an opinion on the ProComp kit that has the $400 rebate until the end of the year?

Pro comp makes some good **** . Upgrade to the better shocks and you will be happy .

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler