Lifted 2wds

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AWE Daniel

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There is a Viper Truck Club Track Weekend this may, I live in Gainesville But I a definitely considering going to it, I made them their calendar this year.

M C

Reaction score
Ram Year
Oh Two
Engine
Four Seven
how are you guys lifting your 2wd?

weedahoe

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cammed and custom tuned 5.7
My 04 is lifted with a 6" Rough Country lift with 2.5" Daystar coil spacers in the front and 3" lift shackles in the rear. On top of that I have a 3" Performance Accessories body lift

OP
OP
Oefootball_70

Oefootball_70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Very nice dude. I have always wanted a set of those UCAs. Do you know the part number for the fox shocks you are running. I am looking for a better ride out of my truck and I figured I might as well do it right the first time with fox shocks. Thanks in advance for your help.

weedahoe

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cammed and custom tuned 5.7
Greed, those do look nice. I just can see putting out that much for them. I might make a set but I couldnt pay that much for them.....LOL

Sup3rR3dRoost3r

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
(Rear x2)
Fox 2.0 Pro-Series 5" Travel Non-Coil Over Shock w/Reservoir-.625 Shaft #980-99-029A

(Front x2)
Fox Racing Shox 2.0 Pro Series 12" Travel Emulsion Shock- .625 Shaft Fox #980-99-027-A

You will need a shock conversion mount.
I have the WP-161 ($30.00)

Also some Fox shock bushings. The external reservoir had to be moved to the rear shock.

The only problem i had after the my lift shop installed them came about 3-4 months after the install. The bushings they used for the lower end of the shock in both the front and the rear where half pressed bushings. they worked their way loose in the front. the lower shock mount was rubbing metal on metal making a horrible noise. easy fix though. the lift shop just welded wide washers on each side of the half bushings to keep them from working loose. The fox replacement end to the lower part of the shock would not exactly line up or was too tight due to the design to press it in so the washer trick was the fix. I have been running these shocks for almost 2 years now with no issues. The CST shocks that came with the lift kit did not last even a year and my truck is just a daily driver, no off road driving.

Life time guarantee on the shocks. anytime they go bad the shop will rebuild them for around 20 bucks each. this is why i paid for them so i do not have to replace the entire shock.

The CST upper control option i highly recommend if you buy the CST lift kit. increases the stability and makes it a smooth ride also improves travel. the stock arms where hitting the upper can during the drop. The upper CST arm bypasses the can.

All my work has been done by Off Road Warehouse. They offer free torque and look inspections anytime you want. They will also rotate your tires for you when you get any work done for free if you need it. Alignments around 40 bucks.

any other questions let me know. Good Luck.

OP
OP
Oefootball_70

Oefootball_70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah, I'm guessing new front shocks by the end of the year. And if I'm doing fox up front then, I want the rear to match...

So what are the advantages and disadvantages of running a reservoir shock? I am pretty sure a reservoir in the front is impossible but if its going to help out then I'm not opposed to running them in the rear.

Also how is the ride? Is it a real rough ride like a 3500 or with those shocks is it much smoother.

adamwilkes14

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm guessing new front shocks by the end of the year. And if I'm doing fox up front then, I want the rear to match...

So what are the advantages and disadvantages of running a reservoir shock? I am pretty sure a reservoir in the front is impossible but if its going to help out then I'm not opposed to running them in the rear.

Also how is the ride? Is it a real rough ride like a 3500 or with those shocks is it much smoother.

here is some info for you...

Remote Reservoir Shocks - Four Wheeler Magazine

OP
OP
Oefootball_70

Oefootball_70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am having a hard time finding the conversion mount piece. Are you sure that is the right part number? Thanks for checking in advance...

Was it used in the front or the rear of the truck?

Also, I am looking at the comparable shocks for our lifts, then looking at the expanded and collapsed measurements of your shocks. It just doesn't look right to me...

(Rear x2)
Fox 2.0 Pro-Series 5" Travel Non-Coil Over Shock w/Reservoir-.625 Shaft #980-99-029A

(Front x2)
Fox Racing Shox 2.0 Pro Series 12" Travel Emulsion Shock- .625 Shaft Fox #980-99-027-A

You will need a shock conversion mount.
I have the WP-161 ($30.00)

Also some Fox shock bushings. The external reservoir had to be moved to the rear shock.

The only problem i had after the my lift shop installed them came about 3-4 months after the install. The bushings they used for the lower end of the shock in both the front and the rear where half pressed bushings. they worked their way loose in the front. the lower shock mount was rubbing metal on metal making a horrible noise. easy fix though. the lift shop just welded wide washers on each side of the half bushings to keep them from working loose. The fox replacement end to the lower part of the shock would not exactly line up or was too tight due to the design to press it in so the washer trick was the fix. I have been running these shocks for almost 2 years now with no issues. The CST shocks that came with the lift kit did not last even a year and my truck is just a daily driver, no off road driving.

Life time guarantee on the shocks. anytime they go bad the shop will rebuild them for around 20 bucks each. this is why i paid for them so i do not have to replace the entire shock.

The CST upper control option i highly recommend if you buy the CST lift kit. increases the stability and makes it a smooth ride also improves travel. the stock arms where hitting the upper can during the drop. The upper CST arm bypasses the can.

All my work has been done by Off Road Warehouse. They offer free torque and look inspections anytime you want. They will also rotate your tires for you when you get any work done for free if you need it. Alignments around 40 bucks.

any other questions let me know. Good Luck.

Last edited:

Sup3rR3dRoost3r

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

the reservoir wouldnt fit up front so it was moved to the back. the ride is very smooth been over 2 years so far and no issues. I do not offroad with it at all.

Sup3rR3dRoost3r

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am having a hard time finding the conversion mount piece. Are you sure that is the right part number? Thanks for checking in advance...

Was it used in the front or the rear of the truck?

Also, I am looking at the comparable shocks for our lifts, then looking at the expanded and collapsed measurements of your shocks. It just doesn't look right to me...

hit these guys up bro. i am by no means a pro at lifts but i did some shopping around at a few different lift shops and this shop i was the most happy with and the priceing was worth it for the quality. their tech's will answer any of your questions.

Off Road Warehouse -

OP
OP
Oefootball_70

Oefootball_70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks bud, I just sent them an email. I look forward to hearing back from them.

OP
OP
Oefootball_70

Oefootball_70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Very nice, got anymore info or specs on the lift/wheels/tires?

Thunderroad23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
4in lift spindle, 3in spacer, 3in lift coil, 3in body, custom upper control arm. stock 20in rims on 37 Toyo Open County MT

OP
OP
Oefootball_70

Oefootball_70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Oh yeah, over on DT you said MMW did your control arms. how much did those run you?

OP
OP
Oefootball_70

Oefootball_70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
just got my bumper back tucked up higher....
before

DSC04110.jpg

after 1 inch bl

IMAG0227.jpg

after today

IMAG0278.jpg