Lifting my 2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KithekHunter

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey everyone, new to Ram's not new to lifted vehicles!

I just have a question I need some help with so I can start planning out my build.

I have a 2006 Ram 2500 4x4 with the 5.7 HEMI in it. I'm looking to lift it between 4-6" and run 35's. However I really love the stock wheels and would like to keep those, does anyone run 35's on these rims? I imagine the stock offset would cause some rubbing of a 35" tire even on a lifted truck. If I choose to use the stock wheels would a wheel spacer need to be used? And if so how big of spacer?

Also any other general tips when lifting these trucks would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

IMG_20160909_171851170.jpgIMG_20160909_171859463.jpg

Hemipig

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
The jury is still out on spacer reliability. But you should be able to run a 35 no problem.

Cheap way to lift it up - crank the torsion bars up front as far as they will go within alignment spec, measure the difference between the front and the rear, and add leaf spring blocks in the rear to even it up with the front.

Not so cheap way - get a 6" suspension lift from rough country, bds, skyjacker, or any of the other multiple lift companies. Just do your research and see which one fits your budget.

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
The jury is still out on spacer reliability. But you should be able to run a 35 no problem.

Cheap way to lift it up - crank the torsion bars up front as far as they will go within alignment spec, measure the difference between the front and the rear, and add leaf spring blocks in the rear to even it up with the front.

Not so cheap way - get a 6" suspension lift from rough country, bds, skyjacker, or any of the other multiple lift companies. Just do your research and see which one fits your budget.

His is a 2500 bud, no torsion bars on them. I'd only do a 4" lift if you wanna run 35's cause they'll look pretty small on a 6" lift with a 2500.

OP
OP
K

KithekHunter

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the replies guys. I was looking at the TC 4.5" Lift with the new coils and control arms for a lift, I can price one out for sub-$1000.

Also happy to hear that I -shouldnt- need wheel spacers to use the stock rims!