Looking to get a lift kit for my truck .. Need help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chrismillerbmx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 magnum v8
I have 05 dodge ram 1500 looking to get a lift kit ... My buddy told me just to do 3" body lift and put 35s on .. I think that won't look like much of a lift but I dont know many brands or what's good I'm thinking about 4" to 6" lift ... Also like to see some setup's if anyone has pics of there's thanks !

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 24

rustydagger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7 with K&N CAI and Diablosport Trinity Tuner
I'm not fan of body lifts. They are significantly cheaper, but a good suspension lift looks 10x better IMO.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
chrismillerbmx

chrismillerbmx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 magnum v8
That's what I'm leaning towards I wanna stay around $1000 to $1500 for a kit ... And for some reason I can't find a lift for a 05 1500 4wd always 2wd i don't know if there's a difference?

Hemipower392

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm missing 2 cylinders
lift

my 4 inch rcx was around 1800, we added some components to it, the original cost is 1000 i love it

rustydagger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7 with K&N CAI and Diablosport Trinity Tuner
Do you tow/haul often? I know with the right combination, a level and 1-2 inch body lift. It won't look as bad as a 3" or 4" body and you can fit 35's... Depending on the wheel offset you may need wheel spacers or something. A lot of guys do manage to fit 35's with a good combo though I think if you ever loaded a lot of weight in the bed it might be at risk of rubbing.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
chrismillerbmx

chrismillerbmx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 magnum v8
right now I have a 2" leveling kit and and 2" wheel spacers on it now and only thing I tow is a pop up camper and my dirtbike

White Beauty

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Ram 1500 SLT
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
right now I have a 2" leveling kit and and 2" wheel spacers on it now and only thing I tow is a pop up camper and my dirtbike

do you offroad a lot? if not go the BL route, if you feel later you want a bit more lift install the suspension. why spend a boatload if you don't have to.

I have a 3inch BL and love the fact I still have the stock suspension and ride quality. just my 0.02$.